'95 Islander Fresh Water Pump

'84_241_Offshore

Reaction score
Recently purchased a '95 Islander 268.
Basically just enjoyed using the boat last season, purchased in July.
Getting familiar with the fresh water system.....do not see a pump at the bottom of the tank, found a orange and black wire near the fresh water tank not connected to anything, found the hose on the faucet in the head disconnected, not really sure now the toilet works, do not see a holding tank.
Any info/insight would be appreciated.

Mr.crab

Reaction score
Go on Grady white site, download owners manual for your boat shows everything.

'84_241_Offshore

Reaction score
I actually have the owner's manual but can't determine where the pump should be or how it's plumbed.
There are 2 hoses connected to the bottom aft of the tank. Can't really tell where they go, the hose I found near the faucet on the sink in the head is clear w/ a white crosshatch.....that's not what I see on the bottom of the tank. Where should the pump be located?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Do you know where the freshwater inlet is? usually at the rear of the boat. Follow the line connected to it. It should go right to the pump.

Stephnic

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have a 1998 268 Islander. My pump for the freshwater system is located on the forward bulkhead under the steps to go into the cabin. The freshwater lines going to the sink located in the head I have to tighten every year or they will come off. My waist tank is located behind the head and the pump is inside the tank. I replaced that pump with a normal mascerator pump. Your toilet flushes with sea water that’s why it still works.

'84_241_Offshore

Reaction score
Thanks.........I will have to check under the steps into the cabin. Can the steps be removed? Think I remember seeing an access panel on the bottom step.....not sure how I could even see in it.

'84_241_Offshore

Reaction score
Thanks again....will check again when the weather permits. maybe new year's day.

'84_241_Offshore

Reaction score
Did some more investigating..........
While trying to measure the voltage on the wires I discovered I heard a pump running when the "freshwater pressure" switch was turned on; actually found water in the head (came out of the hose I found disconnected).
Going to assume all is well on this at the moment until the spring.