97 Adventure 208 Helm Cushion replacements

DulyNoted

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Good day all,

So we had an unexpected creature in the boat this winter and he decided to make a bed out of the helm seat cushions... completely destroyed them from every angle. I un-snapped them and was hoping to find exact replacements so i don't need new snaps/buttons. Is that even possible or am i living in a dream world. Here are the seats... any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_3596.jpg
IMG_1012.jpg

seasick

Reaction score
It may be less expensive to replace the whole seat and cushions. I think those seats were made by Todd but whether the current model has the same cushion size and mounts is the question.
Here is an example of a set

You can buy cushions for it but I don't know if they will fit your seats.
I am pretty sure that having cushions custom made would cost more than new seats with cushions ( slide mounts not included)

DulyNoted

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
thanks for the reply... is replacing the seat pretty standard? Meaning would it just sit on the same post or do I need to get the base, etc?

seasick

Reaction score
The new seat does not come with the mount (slider). That is what has to match the pedestal/ Those are 2 3/8 or 2 7/8 ( yours I believe)It will fit the same post. The seat itself has a somewhat standard 4 bolt pattern to attach the slider mechanism to the bottom of the seat. The slider can be reused if in decent shape. That said, you may want a new slider too if the slides bushings and/or seat bushing are shot or the rotate or slide mechanisms are corroded and don't operate smoothly. . Some seats are quite expensive, some like the ones I mentioned are quite reasonable and for your boat will be fine.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just did a quick search on eBay and there are some for sale. You can also buy the entire chair and cushions but it gets pricey.

I'd call the local dealer and see who they recommend for upholstery work. You should be able to get replacements made for $150-$200 each, I would guess.

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I have the same seats and just replaced the slider. The slider mounts into a recessed area on the underside of the seat so be aware of the length and width restrictions on the slider; needed to make a spacer to use the new slider I ordered since it was longer than the recess and also needed longer bolts (1/4x20x1-1-2). I also had to use the a different set of mounting holes on the bottom of the seat and the threads needed to be retapped.

Probably easier/cheaper to get new seats with cushions; just be aware of the width since the Adventure helm is narrow. If you know someone with a West Marine Port Supply account your can get pretty good prices on the Todd seats/combinations. You can sell the pedestal after to recoup some cost.

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Or if you’re going for pure function you can use the throwable foam cushions and fix them in place with zip ties to the handles. They’ll cost you $15 or less each on sale...