'99 180 second battery placement?

Brian L

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I just bought a '99 Sportsman 180 a few weeks ago and was thinking of adding a second battery to her for electronics and was wondering if anyone had any tips/suggestions on where the best place to put it would be. The current battery is in the compartment under the starboard aft seat but the spacing is somewhat limited and I wasn't sure if another one could be squeezed in there. My second thought was to put it inside the center console but was concerned that it might eat into the storage space there. Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My '98 180 has the dual battery setup and they are both under the starboard aft seat....the switch is mounted against the transom in the same compartment.

You can fit two group 24's in there if you turn them lengthwise.

Greatty

Reaction score
1999 SWS ox66 2-stroke 150. Battery under each seat with the oil resovoir under the port jumpseat as well. It is a little snug under the port jump seat, but it fits.

GOA

Reaction score
Battery

I added a second adjacent to the first under the starboard stern seat...also added a switch. The added weight also helps the port list so often found in 180s

GOA :D