A different "ride"

Gross Profit

Reaction score
I finally took my 222 out! It was sloppy in the harbor and very windy. The boat rides great. Not a speed demon but I knew that. I had a Mako 22 6 or 7 years ago and it was a great boat. What amazes me is how different the 2 boats handle. The Mako seemed to have a higher bow and it liked to stay up much higher until on plane. The Grady's bow hardly rises even before planing out. It's quite a different experience. I like it. Another thing about the Grady compared to some others including the Mako is behavior at the dock. It was very windy and the tide was ripping and I was able to drive straight up on the trailer with no problem. The guy next to us in a SeaPro was catching hell with the wind blowing it sideways, etc. It took him several akward shots to get it. I know it wasn't a skill thing because I haven't loaded a boat in over 7 years until yesterday. The weight of the GRady was very helpful in that situation. There is definitely a difference and people who say brand X for $20k less is just as good has never needed the quality difference. I guess it's all about how, when and where you use a boat.

EDIT: Sorry, posted in the wrong section. :oops:

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Glad to hear that you got the 222 out, and are happy with it.

Lots of happy Grady owners here.... :D