A few more 208 upgrades (and fish)

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
I've been busy recently but thought i'd share some new changes to the boat, all recent installs completed after work without losing even one weekend of fishing/cruising.
Re-wired the E-box with blue seas panel, JL Audio speakers, deep drop/kite plugs, Northstar Fuel Mgmt, Flush mount electronics, and finally added the S1000 autopilot.
54958a6f.jpg

d65eb081.jpg

Even managed to catch some fish.
7b694c87.jpg

89447873.jpg

Mini-tower and riggers are next......
If you have any questions or comments fire away!

CatTwentyTwo

Reaction score
Very nice, that's a great looking installation. And congratulations on the fish, they are beauties too.

SC Adventure 208

Reaction score
Love the look of your wires. Mine look more like my baitcaster did the first time my son tried to use it.

antaris

Reaction score
Good stuff man! And you get to catch some fish!

Auto pilot, eh? Do you do long trips then, I presume? If so, (out of curiosity) how long? I am asking since I usually a. enjoy the helm and b. I feel the need for slight corrections when the sea roughens up. Don't get carried away too much with the autopilot and start strolling around the deck!

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
I've rewired everything at this point, there were lots of little electrical gremlins in 13 year old wiring.
Just took it one step at a time, helm, transom, switch/breaker panel, e-box.

The electrical work is relatively cheap from a material perspective, it just requires a ton of careful planning and quality connections.
Its also nice to have relocated all the major parts inside the cabin, troubleshooting is a breeze and I imagine it will last alot longer out of the weather.

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
In a small boat when the weather kicks up my cruise speed drops significantly. Its nice to be able to put the curtains up and listen to the stereo while the boat drives home at a leisurely pace.

Not to mention long runs on calm days up to 60nm.
And I will never troll again without AP.

antaris

Reaction score
Walkers Edge said:
In a small boat when the weather kicks up my cruise speed drops significantly. Its nice to be able to put the curtains up and listen to the stereo while the boat drives home at a leisurely pace.

And I will never troll again without AP.

60 nm is a lot! I see... plus the trolling issue. :goodjob

CatTwentyTwo

Reaction score
Walkers Edge said:

Do you happen to know about how much fuel you burn on a trip like that with some trolling thrown in? I have a 94 208 with a 175 Johnson and have never been that far and always wondered if the 80 gallons would be plenty.

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
ryoung said:
Walkers Edge said:

Do you happen to know about how much fuel you burn on a trip like that with some trolling thrown in? I have a 94 208 with a 175 Johnson and have never been that far and always wondered if the 80 gallons would be plenty.

I've done a few of those 60+ nm trips offshore in my 208 looking for albacore. I always bring an extra 30 gallons in jerry cans that we add in to the main tank while trolling as we're able to. Otherwise I'd be sweating it the whole day. I also don't know how much of the 82 gallons in the tank is useable, and I have no desire to find out. The most we've burned is 72 gallons. Fuel management system is a must.

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
I have fuel mgmt (Northstar F210) and 60nm is one way, I can get fuel there if needed.
I've been tracking my fuel burn under all different conditions for a long time and have a good idea of range.

Fished on Saturday with a full boat, livewell, full fuel, etc in less than ideal conditions up to 15nm out. Still managed 2.3+ mpg worst case with lots of weight, tab, and slow cruise.

If your plan is to run 60nm one way with minimal trolling or moving once you get to the spot fuel should be fine but make sure your equipment is in perfect shape and you have your safety gear covered.