A few repairs on 225 Tournament Radio cover & bolt in Transom

Bill Kelly

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
I have a new to me 2004 225 Tournament. I live on Cape Cod and the boating season is starting now! The protective cover for the stereo is broken. The radio is a Clarion Model 505. I got a replacement but not clear to me how to do so. Do I need to remove the entire radio? Also a bolt head broke off for one of the bolts attaching the swim platform to the transom. Ay suggestions on how to back it out?

CBH IV

Reaction score
I had a bolt broken off on the port side stainless bracket that supports the bracket. We tried to drill it out and use an ez-out but after 30 minutes an no luck (with lots of cussing) I filled the hole with epoxy waited for it to dry then drilled a pilot above it at an angle and sunk a new lag in coated with a lot of sealant.

Bill Kelly

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
I had a bolt broken off on the port side stainless bracket that supports the bracket. We tried to drill it out and use an ez-out but after 30 minutes an no luck (with lots of cussing) I filled the hole with epoxy waited for it to dry then drilled a pilot above it at an angle and sunk a new lag in coated with a lot of sealant.
Thanks, I am going to try the ez-out route first, I've had goo luck with smaller screws but not sure on these bolts. New lag may be the way to go.