A lucky Adventure 208

antaris

Reaction score
Hello all,

Since the refurbishment of our new (old) 208 is almost done, I've decided to share some images, hints and tips (and failures) with whomever might be interested.

Here is the link to the full story:

http://adventure208.tumblr.com/

As it's a blog, you'll need to read it from the beginning! Hope you find it interesting.

Regards to all!

PS> I will add some feedback option soon, as I'm new to blogging with Tumblr.

Reaction score
Just looked through all your photos ... vary nice... great detail... i am looking to refreshing my soon to be 1997, 192

antaris

Reaction score
Thanks guys, will soon be doing season #2...! If I dare...

antaris

Reaction score
Here we go, a few additions for season #2! Have a look at the blog... :welcome

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Antaris, Good to see such methodical and great work on your 208. Like you, I enjoy doing all my own mods and changes but certainly haven't had to do what you have completed. Good to see an older boat brought back to better than new. We are looking forward to a summer of sunshine, warm water, fishing and general cruising in our 208 here on both sides of Vancouver Island. I believe the 208 to be the best little big boat on the market from a company that has always been there to answer questions and help with any issues. Trust all is well on your side of the planet! Cheers, trapper :goodjob

antaris

Reaction score
Cheers Trapper!
All is almost well on this side of the globe (I live in Greece, we're probably on your news constantly lately!)... just a few hickups in the system, I guess... :-|

Pay2Play

Reaction score
Just curious, with all the things you have done, have you changed out the thru hull fittings? There have been issues with the plastic ones cracking.

antaris

Reaction score
Awwww the through hull issue. Sorry to say, but GW made a great big mistake with the placement of those damn things...

No, I hane not changed them - the plastic ones on the transom are fine. The others (port / starboard) are metal. Would they have been changed by previous owner maybe?

The port fishbox is leaking a little - not the opening on the hull, the bottom of the box. I just CANNOT reach it. It is not a big issue and one day I'll address it.