A Sad Sight!

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Well, I'm done for the season. :cry: My rig is out of the water and sitting in my driveway. Already looking forward to next year. So many good times with family and friends.

On the list for next year - Radar, Outriggers, Semi-permanent Bait Station, Finish the home made rod racks (which worked real well) and modifying the floor panel over the Aux tank area for storage space.

For now it's clean and wax and polish before putting her to bed for the winter. I envy you 'Southern' guys.

Tashmoo

Reaction score
DIDO, to me this always means six month until I am back on the water again.

Boat%20on%20trailer%20with%20cover.JPG

And more of this.

After%20snow.JPG

The older I get the more tolerant I become of the heat of a southern summer and the longer our winters are getting. What move south and miss all of this. :lol:

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yup I feel your pain. Just pulled the boat this past Thursday, my marina is only open until Oct 31....wish I had another 2 weeks and I'd be happy. Just as the striper fishing in my area was getting good and some tuna were showing in the canyons again :( Guess it will have to wait until next year. Now I get to save money to buy new gear for the boat instead of spending it all on gas. And I'm so thrilled gas came down NOW...after the boat has been pulled. Can't wait for it to go up again next spring as our boats get splashed again.

dan313

Reaction score
It was a sad day today. The boat was shrink wrapped this afternoon. I had a moment of silence after it was done. I will be on my cousins boat for the next few weeks until he has to pull his for the winter.

Next year can't come fast enough.

Lenny

striped bass

Reaction score
Stayed in last year untill the end of November on the CT River when the Grady had just been delivered from Hilton Head S.C.

One more week in Watch Hill will do it for me this year as the weather is a little more unforgiving on the ocean. Fishing is still okay but they are moving away fast.

IMG_0396.JPG

gerrys

Reaction score
I feel for you guys. The high season is just starting down here.

What's that white stuff covering that house, anyway?

Tunacious D

Reaction score
Sorry to hear it guys. Lived in Ohio for 23 years and remember having to pull the boat, winterize, shrinkwrap, etc.

I waxed and buffed out the Sailfish this past weekend, replaced the fuel filters and mounted new cabin rodholders. Next week we head to Islamorada for a whole week of fishing and then the final NASCAR race.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
You guys in the Sunshine State have it made. You can also take advantage of much cheaper gas prices. Our luck is the gas will be back around 5 bucks around Memorial Day. I should have filled it up before I put it to bed!

Gary M

Reaction score
What do you guys do for fuel storage? Treatment? Empty tanks?

Those of us down South will try to post some photos to keep you cheered up and excited for Spring!

Tashmoo

Reaction score
Store with the tank full, stabilize it and keep a change of filters on board at all times in the spring. It was a pleasant change to pump 150 gallons in this week at $2.50 per gallon before storage. My summer high was $4.79/gal.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Tashmoo..

Look what your saying...Not too many years ago, we would've had a cow at $2.50/gallon. Now that's cheap.
Wait'll we think $4.00 is a bargain.....And we will......

My Gulfstream is put down except for some trailer work that'll be done this month. We trailer to Islamorada ourselves for a couple weeks in the winter.

Tashmoo

Reaction score
I know, but it’s all relative. I quit drinking and smoking this year and what I saved in butts, cigars and booze more than paid my fuel bill this summer and I got healthy in the process. Who da-thunk-it.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Whoa! :shock: You quit smoking and drinking! There's only one thing left worth living for and I told my wife that we're keeping the boat!

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Congrats..
Was it hard to give up both at the same time?

Y'know, the price of fuel will have to get awful high to keep me off the water.
Besides, we have all winter to save up...

Afishinado

Reaction score
This is the last week for ours this year, pulling it about a month early for various reasons. Spending a few hours every day winterizing and setting up the homefront for hibernation. I'm heading for St Lucie Inlet next week with the bayboat for the winter a couple weeks earlier this year :D

Drifter80

Reaction score
My boat is away in storage too. It was a total buzz kill. I went into the storage shed and had a beer or two on her and cleaned her up a bit. Of course the cleaning won't do any good with all the diesel soot but whatever.
It was an awesome summer. I cant wait until next year! The money I save on boat gas is going into the autopilot fund. I can't wait to have some new gadgets to play with. 8)

Tashmoo

Reaction score
MagicalBill,

Quitting both was very easy so was losing 30 pounds, when the options were presented by my cardiologist. I failed a stress test at my physical, at 49 years old it came completely out of left field, no symptoms not a one.

Everyone get a comprehensive physical every year, mine clearly bought me more boating seasons :D

JeffN

Reaction score
Ran mine back across the sound this morning. Got back and the guys from the marine service met me at the ramp and the boat is now in it's winter berth, my backyard. Sad indeed.