AC Panel on 330

Bayhouse

Reaction score
Both of the digital displays on my 2003 330 are shot, they work but display garbage numbers. I've gotten numbers off the PCB's, but can't find a good replacement and Grady was no help. Anyone got an idea?

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
If you are talking about the AC panel display, on my 2007 330, the digital AC voltmeter is a Blue Sea 8247. I found one on ebay for less than $200. May work for your 2003, don't know for sure but specs/size is easy to find on Blue Sea website. Available on line in various places. eg. https://wwmarineequipment.com/blue-sea-8247-ac-digital-multimeter/

Last edited:

Bayhouse

Reaction score
Thanks!

Yes, I meant to say the AC Panel. GW must have updated the panel as mine is quite different, really just a PCB with the digital display. I'll check dimensions of the 8247 and the connections to see if maybe I can retrofit it...should have similar functionality.

Wannderer

Reaction score
I’ve had the same issue on a 2004 330. Except my ammeter is ok but voltmeter on left is bad. The blue seas won’t fit without alterations and even then may not fit. I have not been able to find a direct replacement. The manufacturer that made the panel doesn’t make them anymore and the manufacturer that made the meters doesn’t make them anymore. I’ve been trying to figure this out for 2 years with no luck. Dealer and Grady have no solution.

Bayhouse

Reaction score
Thanks, but the Blue Seas won't fit.

I've been looking at these meters on Amazon and wonder if anyone thinks they would work:

AC Side: Amazon DROK AC

DC Side: Amazon DROK DC

My thinking is to remove the PCB and somehow (MacGyver) attach these on the back side of the panel. The displays are nearly identical top to bottom and about 3/4" less wide so they should work, I just don't know the electrical ratings and if they would work. Thoughts from the community?

Bayhouse

Reaction score
https://shop.pkys.com/Blue-Sea-8247...MI2-zRvqOX4gIV0FuGCh0tLQ3rEAAYASAAEgK4LfD_BwE

Could you leave the old meter as is and just disconnect and then mount the Blue Sea nearby and wire in? Seems like fairly easy to connect.

There you go getting all practical and taking the easy path on me.....but I like it!!! Damn, sometimes it's hard to see the forrest through the trees.

The easiest approach may be just cutting a hole above the panel and installing the 8247. I was trying to stay with the original design but that might turn into an endless adventure of frustration.

I'll check with GW to see if I can retro the Blue Seas with the 2003 model given the specs. Doubt there will be much of a difference.

THANKS!