ac unit on 2005 Marlin

NikM820

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
My ac stopped pumping water and hence is not cooling. I went to trouble shoot it but the part numbers are unreadable on the waters pump. Anyone know the model number, or where to start? Obviously I made sure there was no plugs in the line. How many years are these units good for, is it about time for replacement anyway? I took it apart and everything looks normal. Never had an issue with it losing its prime before but i guess I should have started there. However, im still interested in the ac water pump part number if anyone has it.
Thanks
Nick

ahill

Reaction score
If your unit is a Dometic the mfr. of the pump is not Dometic.
Boatowners Warehouse offers the same pump Dometic brands for a lot less $.
My pump was installed in 2006. Started making a lot of noise in 2009.
Turns out the impeller system is isolated from water flow and runs off a magnet spinning on the pump shaft.
The hex key that holds the magnet to the shaft had loosened. I added some locktite, refastened it and haven't had a problem since.
If checking electrical conections, cleaning the filter and opening the ac intake seacock doesn't solve the problem look to the impeller.

bhemi

Reaction score
March is the brand name of the most common 120 volt pumps. They are pretty much fool proof. Check your inlet and power to the pump before you blame a failed pump. Testing the pump is easy, take some 120 house wire and put a plug on it then temporarily attach it to the pump. Stick the inlet side into a bucket of water. Take the normal precautions so you don't electrocute yourself.

Lots on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARCH-PUMP-LC-3 ... ar&vxp=mtr

NikM820

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
It was just an air lock. Should have looked at the simplest option first. At least I know where to get a new one now though.
Thanks

Nick