Access To Fixture Mounted Under Electronics Box?

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a 228 Seafarer but assume the setup is the same on other models with hardtops. Mounted under my electronics box is a fixture that's marked Courtesy Light/ Spreader Lights and has a bulb inside that I need to change. I cant figure out how to get in there. Appears there is no access from the top and I tried turning twisting etc. to no avail. I didn't want to prying it for fear of breaking …any thoughts?

Sea Shift

Reaction score
I too am looking to access that area. Hope someone posts up. One would think it to be simple but it doesn't seem to be.

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sea Shift said:
I too am looking to access that area. Hope someone posts up. One would think it to be simple but it doesn't seem to be.

Ill contact Grady tomorrow and let you know what they say.

SwiftCloud

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
On mine, you have to pry out the "lens" to get access. Use a small flat screwdriver and pry from a couple of sides to shimmy it out.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
SwiftCloud said:
On mine, you have to pry out the "lens" to get access. Use a small flat screwdriver and pry from a couple of sides to shimmy it out.

I was wondering that exact thing. Sometimes (not always) there's a little hole in the lens - somewhere around the edge. Enough to get the little screwdriver in to start the removal.

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just removed the same/similar fixture to replace with LED's. There were two small screws that held in the lens cap. They were located on the bottom lip. Once those were loose the lense and cap came off and gave me access to the two mounting screws on each side of the bulb that fixes the housing to the radio box. Even after I removed them I still had to "pry" a little since it was on there good being the original to the boat. Ill see if I can post some pics tonight of the assembly. Its sitting on my work bench.

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I spoke to Grady. As someone else mentioned, you pop it out. They told me that there are 4 little slots where you can get a small screwdriver under the lens and pop it out (no screws, at least on this model). I haven't actually done it yet. Thanks for all the replies.