Accordion door Latch

JLR

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 285
I am having trouble figuring how to keep the accordion winscreen door closed on my new to me Freedom 285. When I close it to use it as a windscreen, it just blows back and slams against the head compartment. Is that knob supposed to pull out to free the metal piece to slide over the joint? If so, how is it done. Thanks.

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Not sure tbh. If you post a picture you might get better feedback. Anyways, perko brand makes all sorts of latches and could solve your problem with an inexpensive addition.

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
No, just lift up on the knob, then slide it over the hinge section, and down into the "locked" position.

JLR

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 285
Perhaps I should try again. I am looking for the way to keep the door closed when it is in use as a wind screen. I have two other latches that work as described above when the door is folded and being stored next to the head compartment. But, when being used as a wind screen, I only have a large silver knob, and a two to three inch silver smooth plate that goes over the top of the door.

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The latch that keeps the bi-fold door from folding and closing against the head compartments, works as I described in my previous post. With the door in position, lift the metal U-plate by the knob, then slide it over then down, so it bridges the 2 door sections.

JLR

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 285
Thank you. I have it now.