ACR ResQlink battery replacement

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I have an ACR PLB-375 from 2017. The battery was about to expire and the NOAA registration was due.
I decided to replace the battery myself. Exact replacement on https://beaconbatteryreplacement.com/product/acr-plb-375-resqlink-battery/ was $40

Simple job. Two screws. One of the philips screwheads is filled with loctite. Dig it out with a pointy awl.
There are videos on youtube so I won't repeat.

Tests work fine. I labeled it for next battery replacement date.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Nice find. I did mine a couple of years ago and did it myself. A little tricky soldering the straps across the batteries and you need to be very careful with the lithium batteries (temp and polarity). Found the shrink wrap and used the old wiring. Was cheap as hell to do. I'd much rather pay this amount and just install in the future.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Nice find. I did mine a couple of years ago and did it myself. A little tricky soldering the straps across the batteries and you need to be very careful with the lithium batteries (temp and polarity). Found the shrink wrap and used the old wiring. Was cheap as hell to do. I'd much rather pay this amount and just install in the future.
yep. better than trying to solder on lithium batteries.