Actuator for 360 Express electronics box

Kellenshea

Reaction score
My GW dealer tells me that GW no longer has access to the actuator that operates the electronics box on my 2006 360 Express. It has been suggested I look online and I was given a Uflex # GP300L-D. Anyone else out there have any experience replacing the actuator located at the bottom of the piston that pushes/pulls the electronics box up and down? Any help would be much appreciated. The boat and I are located on Vancouver Island British Columbia, Canada.

Sardinia306Bimini

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
Sorry, not a answer and not the same boat, but i was thinking about same thing.
If I buy the 2011 306 Canyon and the actuator stop working then I can't open the electronic box.

Anyone here knows if the actuator is the same for 360 Express and the 306 Canyon?
If so, I probably would buy a replacement to keep it ready for the moment the installed breaks.

Chris

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
If it is like the 330 express the bottom of the actuator is behind the Ac/DC switch panel in the galley and can be accessed by removing that panel. The box can then be manually lifted and disconnected at the top the actuator is not hard to change. Had to do it on my 330. Use care not to run the actuator full up or down as that appears to be when it will most likely jam and fail. There are a variety of actuators available and you will only need to find the one with the throw and capacity and length that fits your application. On the 330 if you remove the panel you can find the part number on the actuator that you have and at least for the 330 those exact parts are available.

Reactions: Sardinia306Bimini

Kellenshea

Reaction score
If it is like the 330 express the bottom of the actuator is behind the Ac/DC switch panel in the galley and can be accessed by removing that panel. The box can then be manually lifted and disconnected at the top the actuator is not hard to change. Had to do it on my 330. Use care not to run the actuator full up or down as that appears to be when it will most likely jam and fail. There are a variety of actuators available and you will only need to find the one with the throw and capacity and length that fits your application. On the 330 if you remove the panel you can find the part number on the actuator that you have and at least for the 330 those exact parts are available.
Thanks. On my 360 Express I have removed the bottom pin going thru the access panel located in the foot locker below the helm and after that, I removed the top pin at top of piston where it connects to the electronics box. The whole piston with actuator then comes out attached to power cable. I thought I should be able to get another actuator from GW and do the swap out but apparently GW doesn’t use them anymore so I’m looking for a source for these actuators. I’ll look for a part number on mine.

Kellenshea

Reaction score
Thanks. On my 360 Express I have removed the bottom pin going thru the access panel located in the foot locker below the helm and after that, I removed the top pin at top of piston where it connects to the electronics box. The whole piston with actuator then comes out attached to power cable. I thought I should be able to get another actuator from GW and do the swap out but apparently GW doesn’t use them anymore so I’m looking for a source for these actuators. I’ll look for a part number on mine.
PS. Where did you get the actuator for your 330 as they are likely the same? Thanks

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Don’t remember right now, away from the boat but will try and check when I get home next month. That part number sounds familiar though. I thought I had a pic of the part number on my phone, but can’t seem to find it. The part number is near the base of the actuator if you can get your camera close.

Last edited:

Sardinia306Bimini

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
I did a quick search with the part number in 1° post and found several websites having it but also Italian UFlex have electric actuators still in catalog, but not the GP300L-D
https://uflex.it/en/products/actuation/
I don't think that I can order directly by them, but thru a dealer.

However, is someone here should be stuck with non working actuator and unable to find one in US I could try to contact Uflex in Italian to see if they have them still or have a new model with same size and the respective part number so that a Uflex dealer in US can order it.

Chris

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I did a quick search with the part number in 1° post and found several websites having it but also Italian UFlex have electric actuators still in catalog, but not the GP300L-D
https://uflex.it/en/products/actuation/
I don't think that I can order directly by them, but thru a dealer.

However, is someone here should be stuck with non working actuator and unable to find one in US I could try to contact Uflex in Italian to see if they have them still or have a new model with same size and the respective part number so that a Uflex dealer in US can order it.

Chris

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I recently purchased one through marinesteering.net. They are located on the Florida coast plus New Mexico and Oregon, I believe, they are also a distributor for Uflex, the manufacturer in Italy.

The model referenced, GD300L-D is made specifically for all the electronics hatches on the Grady-White, according to Ricky at customer service at marinesteering.net. His direct phone number is (480) 939-5586, he can answer all the questions regarding the hydraulic lift.

I you do call Ricky, please tell him that I passed this info on to you. My name is Jeff Pollack and after ordering one from Ricky, my technician argued that it was the wrong size and convinced them to send a longer one.

The GW300L-D was the correct size and now I’m left with the longer one to sell - anyone need a longer one let me know.

Reactions: Sardinia306Bimini

loubeer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
In the above posts, I see mentions of part numbers GW300L-D, GD300L-D and GP300L-D. Which one of these is correct???? I have a 2003 Express 330.

Kellenshea

Reaction score
I recently purchased one through marinesteering.net. They are located on the Florida coast plus New Mexico and Oregon, I believe, they are also a distributor for Uflex, the manufacturer in Italy.

The model referenced, GD300L-D is made specifically for all the electronics hatches on the Grady-White, according to Ricky at customer service at marinesteering.net. His direct phone number is (480) 939-5586, he can answer all the questions regarding the hydraulic lift.

I you do call Ricky, please tell him that I passed this info on to you. My name is Jeff Pollack and after ordering one from Ricky, my technician argued that it was the wrong size and convinced them to send a longer one.

The GW300L-D was the correct size and now I’m left with the longer one to sell - anyone need a longer one let me know.
I ordered one from Marinesteering so thanks for your help. Took my old one to an electric motor shop for possible rebuild but that was not possible with this unit as there was no way to get at the motor which is sealed into the cylinder housing the piston.

Kellenshea

Reaction score
I ordered one from Marinesteering so thanks for your help. Took my old one to an electric motor shop for possible rebuild but that was not possible with this unit as there was no way to get at the motor which is sealed into the cylinder housing the piston.

Kellenshea

Reaction score
P.S. and on to the next project ie. a leaky fuel tank which is located at the top the tank where intake is located. There is a crack in this aluminum tank right where the intake hose is attached to the tank. Can this be repaired after tank and fuel removed or Ann I looking at a new 190 gallon tank? If so, where does someone get a new tank? Thanks