Add a head - 23 Gulfstream

bea5454

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Gulfstream with pp only. Last season I never had it aboard and it has never been used. Does anyone have any experience re a head install/retrofit such that they could give me an idea as to approximate cost/hassle?

I would love to move-up, but the 23 is perfect size to handle when I am off by myself. Thinking that a (somewhat usable) head might let my better-half join for more than "a there-hour tour."

Thanks!

Capt. Ed

Reaction score
If you don't overnight or use the head often, an easy option is to add a pump deckout to your pp. For my family, this is all we need. Simple to pump out, easier than removing waste tank and carrying to bathroom, and no hassle with the complex plumbing required with a full system.

Seems like it cost me around $300 to do this on a previous boat.

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
A friend of mine replaced his porta-potty with what he called a "3-mile toilet" in his Wellcraft Sportsman. He just put two holes in the hull for the water input and waste output with no storage tank. He says it is only legal when three miles from shore so if any of the male passengers need to pee within three miles from shore he tells them to go over the side... :)