Adding a hard top vs bimini

GradyZ

Reaction score
Model
Islander
That is fine. If this one is better, all yours, otherwise, we will give it to the next person that needs one heh. The arch, all yours too.

R
Hey Russ, did you end up getting the custom top on your islander? My Bimini top portion ripped 1 week before I picked her up and the seller gave me back 500 to get it fixed so I could get the enclosure up soon but now it's winterizing time up here and I'm researching... Thanks

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I ended up ordering a hardtop from WMW Marine. We installed it the end of July, if I remember correctly lol. I have lost track of time with the upgrades, issues, and bsa popcorn sales.

I had a couple folks want the bimini but the cost of shipping it was just stupid crazy. So, kept it together for the next person willing to come get it. I parted out most the extra hardware.
Oh, @Ky Grady the other handle will be there by Wednesday. Sorry, forgot to tell you. The tracking info is somewhere around here. Sent UPS.
anyway, here’s the top on:

Attachments

• 5256C48A-0E2A-4A9A-8FDB-0C58E89748B9.jpeg
    5256C48A-0E2A-4A9A-8FDB-0C58E89748B9.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 24

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I ended up ordering a hardtop from WMW Marine. We installed it the end of July, if I remember correctly lol. I have lost track of time with the upgrades, issues, and bsa popcorn sales.

I had a couple folks want the bimini but the cost of shipping it was just stupid crazy. So, kept it together for the next person willing to come get it. I parted out most the extra hardware.
Oh, @Ky Grady the other handle will be there by Wednesday. Sorry, forgot to tell you. The tracking info is somewhere around here. Sent UPS.
anyway, here’s the top on:

Wasn't worried Russ, I'm in South Carolina fishing all week. :cool:
20191027_163632.jpg

Greyduk

Reaction score
John, You can't post that picture without telling us what's biting. Enjoy!!

dcdude

Reaction score
Looking to add a Bimini to an existing boat. Does anybody know if the Bimini mounts are through-bolted (backing plates etc) at the factory before final assembly? Or is there phenolic / Whalerboard under the gunwales that can be tapped for screws? If it's the latter, I'd love to see a lamination diagram....