Adding a Porta-Pottie

G243

Reaction score
I've been looking into buying a porta-pottie for my 243 Chase. It's almost identical to the 263 Chase so if you have a porta-pottie set up on your 263 please add advice.

I want the simplest set up without a pump out and understand I'll have to remove the tank to empty.

Can anybody tell me which one (brand and part number) to purchase that will properly fit into the space under the CC. Any pictures would be great.

Advice is appreciated. The wife wants to fish too.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
This is an easy one. Thetford and Dometic are the two big players in the potty business. Measure your dimensions (height, width, length) where the potty will go. Go to those websites and find the model that you like that fits those dimensions. You don't want an "MSD" potty - that is for use with a pump out (although you can cap it off and use it as normal). The potties generally come in either a 2.5g or 5g holding tank model (of course, the 5g model will be taller so check your headroom). If you're emptying it on a regular basis, the 2.5g will be plenty big enough. Some of the models have options such as a pressurized flush system. Point is, get your dimensions then find the one that both fits the space and your budget. That's really all there is to it.