adding a wash down

OldCarolina

Reaction score
Exactly. The tee off is built into the livewell pump and water can be pulled freely from this "tee" to the washdown pump before the livewell pump even comes into play.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
I think I got it now after this latest post. There are two pumps, one for each task bu the input is shared. The tee off feed t pump 2 is before pump 1. Am I getting it?
[/quote]
Bravo!!!!
You got it but there is no T off as such it is all built in to the pump that screws in the through hull, next time you are in a boat shop have a good look at one and them you will understand better how they work, very clever idea they are and GW haven't cought up with this yet.

seasick

Reaction score
wrxhoon said:
I think I got it now after this latest post. There are two pumps, one for each task bu the input is shared. The tee off feed t pump 2 is before pump 1. Am I getting it?
Bravo!!!!
You got it but there is no T off as such it is all built in to the pump that screws in the through hull, next time you are in a boat shop have a good look at one and them you will understand better how they work, very clever idea they are and GW haven't cought up with this yet.[/quote]

I have seen the pumps with the second takeoff that you can knock out the plug so to speak. I originally thought that the second 'port' was after the pump when it now seems it is before the pump. It all makes sense now.

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Curmudgeon said:
I don't know why Grady don't use this set up,

They did for a long time, except they used a crappy plastic 'Y' valve. That's why I plumbed my own 225G ... :wink:

Well not quite the same as this is all built in the pump and for about the same money as a single port pump.
Click on this , the outlet seen on this pump is used for your livewell, low pressure plenty volume low current, the plug you see on the bottom side you unscrew and you screw the hose to your washdown pump , you can locate the washdown pump anywhere you like it will suck water even if it is very high up.

fshlbi

Reaction score
I have a 20 escape that has a "wash down" on the aft side, as shown in the drawing. however, their wash down is more of a sink that folds out.

I would love to replace it with a true hose type wash down so that I can rinse boat off while fishing. i care much more about the boat than my hands. i tried to unscrew the sink attachment, but i can't seem to loosen it completely free from the gunnel.

anyone know 1) if this is an easy enough project
or 2)if so, is there a kit or another assembly on the market that you recommend?
or 3) should i just suck it up and live with the sink