Adding kicker motor

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I am pulling the trigger getting 15hp etec kicker/trolling motor for my 86 204c for the fall bass season.

I need some advise on mounting. I do not have a swim plat form so I am assuming it can go on either side. I am not sure where to mount it exactly on the transom (the bracket), I mean how high or low and how far left or right. it would be safe for me to say right in the middle of the open area on the transom. if anyone has one can you post a pic so maybe I can copy the location/placement also what bracket would you recommend, I would like one that I could remove and just leave the mount plate when not going to use.

Thanks all....

VeroWing

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I recently added a kicker bracket to my 204 Fisherman CC boat. It is a Garelick 71094, and is a very strong, sturdy bracket. I purchased it used, and then did a search and found installation instructions from the manufacturer. I also relocated twin batteries from aft starboard corner, forward to under center console to help offset weight of 9.9 4str Merc kicker.

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
thanks that pic is what I was looking for, you have the same transom, my batts are split one port and one stb, do you find yourself using the port tab allot when you have the motor mounted? does it list to stb?