Adding remote flush for generator and air conditioning

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Has anyone added these to older Grady's? I have a 20006 330 and noticed 2008 and newer models have these. Wondering if it worth installing?

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I added a flush to my AC to winterize it. I used a tee from a Prestone flushing kit used on a car, be sure to double clamp it. The tee comes with a rubber gasketed cap that you screw on by hand. The largest size that comes with the kit is 3/4" which is the intake side of my water supply going to the pump.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sorry, do not. I just came off the seacock about 18" and installed the tee. What does Grady use for flush attachment for the newer models? The Prestone flush tee is plastic. My thought is since it's designed to handle 15-18 PSI generated by a car cooling system it should be fine for a raw water suction line.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Gulfcart - nice job on this. What are the other lines for? I guess I would need 3 on my 330 - generator, air and freezer plates in fish box. I think you show 4 lines.

gulfcart

Reaction score
The lines are for Generator, AC/Fish Box (water circulates through same pump and lines), Port engine, starboard engine. The flush out hoses on the Yamaha engine are coupled to a 3/8 reinforced gas line through the transom with bulkhead fittings up to the manifold.

FYI... the original flush hose on the engine, hose connection side, serves no purpose other than flushing. It is a blank that it is hooked to when not flushing.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Gulfcart - I'm planning on doing this over the winter on my 330. Would you have any photos of the connections to the motors? How did you run the line from the connection to the engine? Thanks !

gulfcart

Reaction score
I put them through the bullhead right along side the fuel lines. I used the same type bulkhead fitting that they used for the fuel lines. I connected to engine hoses with a regular brass coupling and ss clamps. The line is 3/8 fuel with braid, just be sure you read the OD.. If it's to big it won't fit through bulkhead fitting. I had to search a bit. Also make sure some one is on the inside in bilge making sure when you hole saw you don't hit any lines.

HMBJack

Reaction score
Thanks Steve for sharing.

One comment - to do your flush procedure - where exactly is that manifold on your 330?

It seems to be either right above the genset or over in the corner above your 4 batteries. Each location seems to be kinda out of the way and inconvenient to hook up a FW hose. Thoughts?

gulfcart

Reaction score
HMBJack said:
Thanks Steve for sharing.

One comment - to do your flush procedure - where exactly is that manifold on your 330?

It seems to be either right above the genset or over in the corner above your 4 batteries. Each location seems to be kinda out of the way and inconvenient to hook up a FW hose. Thoughts?

The picture I posted is actually on my new 36. It's mounted on the bulkhead. You pull the storage compartment box to the right of fish box. Plenty of room. I use quick connects.. You're only opening valves once you hook up.

On my 33 I actually put four brass bulk head fittings through the back of the bulk head and side. They were Hose by pipe. Hose hooked easily for each flush.

Tried post pic. but says qouta filled???

"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."