Additive to gas tank

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
HH, you're reading way too much into a comment that was directed, indirectly, at the OP, not Trapper. I read it as, better things to do than deal with the fuel related engine headaches, not the discussion, which they all continued to take part in.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Halfhitch, Appreciate very much your kind words and friendship. I have enjoyed the knowledge and the sharing of this band of brothers on the forum for going on 13 years. With its mix of personalities, know how, experiences and time on this planet. I feel fortunate to be considered a positive contributor as well as one needing guidance in many of the the things we enjoy in pursuit of this floatin and boatin addiction.

Reactions: Saltyone

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Wow. Miss a day and miss a lot!
Half Hitch, sorry to ruffle your feathers. Obviously you took my comment negatively and that was not my intent for you or anyone, hence the :) .
The point I was trying to make is that there are a lot of variables that could be considered for this topic. So far we have only scratched the surface. Considering the OP asked a simple question, I wanted to give him a clear, no BS answer based on a ton of research I've done and my own personal experience. Rather than a multi page dissertation of all the variables, I thought it would be in the best interest of all to keep it short and sweet. I meant nothing negative to trapper. From the looks of things he turns his fuel over so often, it hasn't been an issue. Wish I could say the same!
Our own resident guru Doc has provided significant detail in years past here and on other forums. The man knows his gas! Based on his contribution and hours worth of my own reading, I have been able to avoid fuel issues despite going through thousands of gallons. I only got bit from this boat, but thanks to my research, I knew exactly what the issue was and got it fixed quickly for little $$.
For the record, I'm one of the 1st people to throw water on a forum a-hole. I hate it and would never contribute to that behavior. I know I can be a little colorful at times, but mean no malice. My only intent is for my and others amusement and not the mistreatment of others. Hell, I've never even bashed a Bayliner!

Harrysea

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I’ve used Startron in several Yamahas and now my Suzukis and haven’t yet experienced a fuel problem. I run my motors about 150 hours yearly and use 10% ethanol exclusively.