Adjustable Lounge Seat - Freedom 235

Jimlevel9

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
Any guidance on how to troubleshoot the adjustable lounge seat on Freedom 235. It is controlled by an electronic switch but I am getting no response. I think we got a flip-flop caught underneath when trying to retract. Hoping the motor is not shot but not even sure where it is located. Wondering if there a circuit breaker dedicated to that motor similar to windlass? Lounge seat is stuck in extended position and not ideal for fishing. Any help would be appreciated.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
There will definitely be a circuit breaker or fuse for an electric motor. I don't own the same model as you, but yes, there will be something to protect the wiring going to a motor. I assume you know where your circuit breakers/fuses are so start there. If you don't know, it shouldn't be too hard to find... they have to 22' one way or the other! :) Another option is to look in your owner's manual. The motor will be mounted to the "contraption" (using a very general term there) that opens/closes the seat. Start with the cb/fuse - then try back-n-forth with the motor, a little at time, to see if you can loosen it. Don't just hold it one position for too long - that's when the wiring heats up.

Windy50

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Hi there, were you able to fix this problem? I also haver a 235 with adjustable seat. Just curious to know where the motor is or how you resolved should I ever have the same issue.
Thanks.

tbuss

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 325
I’m also curious about how this lounge seat mechanism and motor work. I have it on my 235 and will have two of them on my new 325 when it arrives. I’m wondering about the potential to remove that seating section. It would open up the 235 cockpit so much, with potential for storage underneath the port companion seat as well.