Advance 257 anchor locker

patrick16

Reaction score
I have a 2004 257 Advance and the anchor locker is very small. Does anyone have any creative solutions/modifications for storing the anchor and line?

Thanks!

seasick

Reaction score
What are your requirements? Windlass or not, anchor size, length of rode etc.

Sloose

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
do you reef/wreck fish a lot where you need a different anchor setup? I always used to travel with a reef/wreck anchor (oversized danforth, extra extra chain, tons of rode, anchor ball) and use that instead of my main anchor on the windlass. I kept it in a large milk crate and I could take it on and off if i needed it. That way my anchor for my windlass that had the special high test line with the specific chain link, and the specific new england rope (otherwise the damn thing would jam) could stay on the bow pulpit / in the windlass.

A plastic round tub / fish tote / plastic clam bushell or a milk crate easily held 600 feet of 1/2" line, 30 feet of chain, and a 22lb danforth.

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Agree with the bucket approach. See some ideas here at this link. Large bucket with some drain holes at the bottom - smaller bucket on the inside and it makes it easy to coil and store.

patrick16

Reaction score
What are your requirements? Windlass or not, anchor size, length of rode etc.
Mostly offshore on reefs in 100 - 200'. No windlass. I have a Danforth, but questioning if I should use something else on reefs.