Adventure 208 deck plates - are they Beckson Marine?

antaris

Reaction score
Hello all,

I need to replace the deck plates on my 208 Adventure (year 2000). The old ones have all gone chalky and water seeps through the seals...

Please see the photos.... From my online research, they seem to be manufactured by Beckson Marine, part no:

Beckson Marine 8" White Pry-Out Diamond Nonskid BEC-DP85W

AM I CORRECT? Please assist, since they are very expensive (around USD 20 each, and I need eight!)... Are there any other cheaper alternatives?

sG66m.jpg

Kah0g.jpg

5ohpJ.jpg

Finatic

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they are Beckson deck plates. That's what I used when I replaced them on my 2000 Gulfstream. I agree they are a little steep on the price but if you look on Beckson's website they occassionally sell overstocked and factory seconds at a lower cost.

antaris

Reaction score
Many thanks finatic - I' ve contacted Beckson with photos, so that they'll check whether their are indeed their products...

seasick

Reaction score
The 8 inch plate is about 10 inches across. I think you need the 6 inch plate. I believe the plate size is the access hole size, not the outermost dimension.
My plates have the diamond finish also. There are three finishes: smooth, diamond and dimpled. I think the diamond is what was originally supplied.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Yup, they are made by Beckson.
They have a color that they stock that is the GW color. Look at the screw in ones, especially for the eurotransom area. Those snap-ins can pop out. They sell the o-rings too if you just want to change them out. They have different finishes, some with the diamond plate and some with little bumps on them. Both work fine. As stated check the website, they sometimes move over stocks for like $6 each.

antaris

Reaction score
Thanks for the assistance, this is great! :goodjob

Unfortunately, they've all gone really chalky and some are worn out - I even considered painting them, but I can't stand bodge jobs.

I am waiting for quotes for the 6 inch ones, let's see...

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Like NEM said , order spare O rings, they should be replaced peridocally to prevent leaks, the leaks are not caused by the deck fitting itself unless it wasn't cauked properly at the factory.

Do the same with gas fill fittings, and remote oil fill for 2 strokes.

O rings don't last forever.