Adventure 208 factory bimini width.

imjus4u2nv

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I own a 1996 adventure 208. When I bought the boat it had no enclosure and an aftermarket bimini top.
I am looking for the width of the entire bimini (frame to frame) and any other measurements you think would be helpful off a factory bimini (possibly distance when open from front to back).

I was lucky enough to stumble across someone selling the original factory enclosure (no bimini) for my boat made by water bonnet (no longer in business which mean I cant buy the factory bimini) - not too many people want to mess with this project and the one that does want to use the old frame which is too big for the boat).

seasick

Reaction score
Hope this makes sense without a photo.
My factory Bimini on a 2001 208 hull has the following measurements and specs:

It is a three rib frame. The center to center distance of the main rib (the one that attaches the frame to the outside cabin) at the top of the frame is 60 inches. At the point where the main rib attaches with thumb screws to the hull the measurement is a bit over 62 inches (in other words, the frame is bowed out a tad to fit the mounts.
The top of the frame is also 60 plus a bit inches wide. Front to back of the top is 55 inches.

The length of the main rib measured from the top of the rib to the hole for the thumb screw is 54 inches.

Reactions: imjus4u2nv

imjus4u2nv

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Hope this makes sense without a photo.
My factory Bimini on a 2001 208 hull has the following measurements and specs:

It is a three rib frame. The center to center distance of the main rib (the one that attaches the frame to the outside cabin) at the top of the frame is 60 inches. At the point where the main rib attaches with thumb screws to the hull the measurement is a bit over 62 inches (in other words, the frame is bowed out a tad to fit the mounts.
The top of the frame is also 60 plus a bit inches wide. Front to back of the top is 55 inches.

The length of the main rib measured from the top of the rib to the hole for the thumb screw is 54 inches.

Thos is very helpful, thank you so much. The way the measure height is from the hole for the screw to the top of the bimini - if anyway of getting that it is the last thing I need. Since the pole is 54 inches, the height should be around 48"
If anyone has measurements for 1996 and newer please let me know (assuming should he very close to the 2001 but hate ASSuming).
Thanks so much again

seasick

Reaction score
Thos is very helpful, thank you so much. The way the measure height is from the hole for the screw to the top of the bimini - if anyway of getting that it is the last thing I need. Since the pole is 54 inches, the height should be around 48"
If anyone has measurements for 1996 and newer please let me know (assuming should he very close to the 2001 but hate ASSuming).
Thanks so much again
The measurement I took for the length was not the height of the top over the screw hole. It was the length of the main rib from the screw hole to the top edge of that rib which slants back and forms the rearmost rib of the three ribs. The actual measurement from the screw hole to the top of the canvas is 43 inches. The height inside the Bimini measured from the deck to the underside of the center rib is about 79 inches.

imjus4u2nv

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
The measurement I took for the length was not the height of the top over the screw hole. It was the length of the main rib from the screw hole to the top edge of that rib which slants back and forms the rearmost rib of the three ribs. The actual measurement from the screw hole to the top of the canvas is 43 inches. The height inside the Bimini measured from the deck to the underside of the center rib is about 79 inches.

Thank you so much- love this site and the people on it!!

imjus4u2nv

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Does anyone have measurements for a 1996 or older Grady adventure? With the model changes unsure whether the 2001 is the same bimini as the 1996.

Michigan Brian

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I dont have an actual Bimini its called a Vista Top. You can see it in my pic.

I can get you the measurements but it wont be until Saturday after this coming one, I will be going to my cabin my boat is in my pole barn there. If that's what you are after

imjus4u2nv

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I dont have an actual Bimini its called a Vista Top. You can see it in my pic.

I can get you the measurements but it wont be until Saturday after this coming one, I will be going to my cabin my boat is in my pole barn there. If that's what you are after

Hard to see from the picture, but looks like you have the same enclosure I have - is your enclosure factory? If so, I would love measurements. Also, did you purchase the vista top to replace the factory bimini?

I have attached a picture which shows my boat with the factory enclosure and the non-factory bimini (was trying to mock it up for measurements so dont look so great).

THanks again.

Attachments

• 20180919_110902 (480x640).jpg
    20180919_110902 (480x640).jpg
    235 KB · Views: 25
  • 20180919_110640 (640x480).jpg
    20180919_110640 (640x480).jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 23

imjus4u2nv

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Hard to see from the picture, but looks like you have the same enclosure I have - is your enclosure factory? If so, I would love measurements. Also, did you purchase the vista top to replace the factory bimini?

I have attached a picture which shows my boat with the factory enclosure and the non-factory bimini (was trying to mock it up for measurements so dont look so great).

THanks again.

Attachments

• 20180919_110644.jpg
    20180919_110644.jpg
    749.6 KB · Views: 9

Michigan Brian

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I dont have a Bimini. All I have is the Vista Top and enclosure, it came with the boat, I bought it used.

Here are more pics

Attachments

• IMG_20170718_183843524.jpg
    IMG_20170718_183843524.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20170718_183853194.jpg
    IMG_20170718_183853194.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 15

imjus4u2nv

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Wow - awesome fishing boat, very nice rig!!!

I am not sure what the difference between bimini or vista top is, but what you have looks exactly like what I need. If possible to get the 3 measurements in the picture below, plus the length of the main rear support beam from the bolt that holds it to boat to the top and from the bolt to the begining of the curve (canvas guy is trying to figure out how tight the curve is to make the poles). If you can also measure the small support beams that would help but already asking a lot of you.
Appreciate the help and seeing pics of your boat!

Attachments

• images.png
    images.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 10

Michigan Brian

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
thanks

The vista top connects to the windshield with the eisenglass windows and sides

A Bimini is a stand alone shade that usually attached to the gunnels and is held by straps and/or supports

looks like you have a Bimini on top of your vista top from the looks of it

I will get you measurements but it wont be until a week from Saturday

imjus4u2nv

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
thanks

The vista top connects to the windshield with the eisenglass windows and sides

A Bimini is a stand alone shade that usually attached to the gunnels and is held by straps and/or supports

looks like you have a Bimini on top of your vista top from the looks of it

I will get you measurements but it wont be until a week from Saturday

Got it - think mine is a vista too (has/had zippers on all sides) but from wrong boat (previous owner took from another boat).
Looks like I will need to replace with a vista- thanks for clarifying and whenever a few weeks is fine. Taking my time with this to make sure I end up with best result.

imjus4u2nv

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Brian, any chance you were able to get measurements?
Many thanks

Michigan Brian

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
what timing!

I just got to my cabin (and my boat )

Why dont you PM me your phone number and I can text you any info and pics you may need. It would be easier that way

But first I am going to sit in the woods and see if I can get lucky on a deer hunt

Regards