Adventure 208 Multiple Upgrades photos

Biscayne208

Reaction score
Check out my recent progress on my 93' 208. it may give some other 208 owners some ideas. Sorry for the dirtyness of the boat!! these were taken while work was in progress.

Newly installed factory pulpit:
IMG_0611.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

Aquatic AV IPOD Stereo

IMG_0601.jpg

Stereo Custom Boxes in helm with 6.5" Poly Planars

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

Plumbed Livewell

IMG_0606.jpg

Stainless Thru Hulls

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

Windlass installation to follow and new Trailer mods to accomodate pulpit......

CatTwentyTwo

Reaction score
Nice work Biscayne, how hard is it to change out those thru hulls? I have been thinking about that on my 94 but have been afraid to tear into them.

antaris

Reaction score
Lovely stuff.

Neat idea for the speakers, I must say - not sure whether there is some sort of weird sound cancelation or whatever. In any case, it's dead space used well!

Clockwork

Reaction score
if you don't mind me asking, how much did the factory pulpit cost? Also, did you have to modify the bow railing as well? I was thinking about this same mod. Thanks.

Biscayne208

Reaction score
Pulpit was 1150 including the bow rail insert. The pulpit kit brings everything. Cleats, bow rail, shanchions, even the almond caulking.

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
That pulpit setup will be sweet, I have problems getting as much line as I need into the anchor locker with the anchor riding around in there.

Did you find any suprises when installing the through-hull fittings like cracked hoses or frozen hardware?

Biscayne208

Reaction score
Walkers. the only surprise on the thru hulls was that the foam that lines the livewell and fishbox has to be partially removed in order to access them. Aside from that it was pretty straightforward! Also i bought 300' of the 8 Plait rope from seco south with 15' of chain for the lewmar windlass and it fits perfectly and I have had zero issues with tangling. i recommend the 8 plait rope to anyone who needs the space or has a windlass. 300' of that stuff lays down in the same area as 150' of 3 ply.

windlass installed
Windlass.jpg

Detailed before cover made
Detail.jpg

buckdrew

Reaction score
Boat looks great!
Wondering if you made your speaker boxes out of Starboard and, if so, which color that is - Seafoam? Does anyone else know how close Seafoam is to Grady white? Thinking about the look of that to replace trim on a 1990 Marlin...