Adventure 208 Speaker Placement

HiggyD

Reaction score
Hi All,

I know this has been asked before but all the pictures appear to have been removed. :sorry

Will someone please post some pictures of where you installed your speakers in your Adventure? I've looked around but don't really see a good location. Just so you know, my boat has no hardtop or tower.

Thanks for your help!

Dan

LB2141

Reaction score
I just finished installing a stereo system on my 208, I haven't had a chance to take photos yet but I will get over to the boat tomorrow and snap a few pics. I used fiberglass boxes from SMS Sportfish Parts. They weren't cheap but I didn't want to drill 7" holes in my boat so they were worth it.

HiggyD

Reaction score
Thanks! Can't wait to see the pics.

Anyone else have any pics?

Dan

LB2141

Reaction score
IMG_9862_zpseyczmrxd.jpg~original

IMG_9860_zpszxmqxb0p.jpg~original

IMG_9866_zpsmfsdofu8.jpg~original

IMG_9864_zpsn8n3kygi.jpg~original

It's still a work in progress but this is what I have done so far. Need to finish tidying up the wiring and then I need to figure what I'm going to do about the second set of speakers. I really want to add box speakers under the gunwales but its tough to find a decent quality pair that can handle the power of the MHD900/5. So far I've installed:

JL Audio MHD 900/5
2x JL Audio M770-TCW-CG-WH
1 JL Audio M10IB5-CG-WH
Fusion MS-BB100

I really like the Fusion. I didn't want to deal with installing a full head unit inside the cuddy cabin but I also didn't want to have to control the head unit solely from the MFD. I took out the 12v receptacle on the helm and installed the remote in that spot. The remote is nice because you can raise/lower the volume or change a track without having to go thru several pages of menus on the Garmin. You can also control everything from the app on your phone.

HiggyD

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures! That helps a lot.

So you have 2 JL full range speakers and a 10" sub all in the front of the boat? Looks like a much nicer system than I was thinking of installing! How does it sound? I take it you did cut a hole in the seat base for the sub. Did that impact the drawers?

Also, does your Garmin fit in the Electronics box? I can't tell from the pictures. I currently have a Raymarine C90W in there - it is pretty darn tight and you can't see all the controls without ducking your head to get a better view.

Again, thanks for the pictures and ideas.

Dan

LB2141

Reaction score
Sound quality is unreal. I use my iPhone for the majority of my music and the speakers are so clear that you can hear the difference in sound quality between the wired AUX input and the Bluetooth connection. It's hard to tell from the photo but the fiberglass speaker boxes are not flat, they are angled slightly so the speakers wind up firing upwards towards whoever is standing/sitting at the helm. For the sub I had to cut a 10" diameter hole in the port side seat base. It does not effect the drawers at all. It's dead space -- the nearest thing to the backside of the subwoofer is the foam insulation from the port side cooler/fish box. It was actually pretty easy to cut the hole. The fiberglass wasn't very thick and I used a rotozip with a circle tool attachment.

The Garmin is a 7608xsv and it fits perfectly in the electronics box. I was going to play it safe and get the 7" screen but I am glad that I went for the 8" (that 1" is a big difference believe it or not). I've read that the electronics boxes on the 208's have gotten bigger over the years so keep in mind that my 208 is a 2000. But no issues with the viewing angle and it was a piece of cake to install. Here's a better photo..

IMG_7686_zps65ughfaq.jpg