advice needed

dale1

Reaction score
Thanks for all input. Going to look at a 282 sailfish in Savanaha if they will call back today. Picked up a 2008 f-250 diesel to do the pulling. Still nervous about that. Been looking for a 272. But have not found one that we like. Question. Is towing the 272 much difference than towing the 282? I'm land locked and tow my 24' seachaser about 5 to 6 k per year. We go to steinhatchee fl, from middle ga:). Can I tow the 282 that much or I'm I pushing it ?

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Dale, I don't tow my 282, as I keep her in a slip here. But that's a lot of towing you're talking about, and I am wondering if you have considered rent a slip, or dry storage where you do you're boating, and then just splash her when you get there. Might be cheaper and less hassle than towing 5k miles a season. Did I say that's a lot of towing.

ayacht

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Capt Bill said:
Dale, I don't tow my 282, as I keep her in a slip here. But that's a lot of towing you're talking about, and I am wondering if you have considered rent a slip, or dry storage where you do you're boating, and then just splash her when you get there. Might be cheaper and less hassle than towing 5k miles a season. Did I say that's a lot of towing.

I second the idea of dry storage. I would not want to tow her that much. It will get old and for the fuel cost of towing I bet you can almost do storage.

dale1

Reaction score
Yea. I know. My daughter is stationed at Tyndall afb, Panama City. I like to fish there and out of steinhachee fl:). Then we are only 2 hours from savanna ga. "For day trips" I've never had a boat that I could rinse off and put away. I like clean and shinny:). I do a half day cleanup after ever trip. Maybe the grady will stay cleaner or require less maintenance. That's the reason we bring her home after every trip:).

I wonder if the 272 would trailer easier, or much difference between the two? Thanks. Dale