Aft Bilge Float Switch

gulfcart

Reaction score
Anyone had to replace the aft float switch in a 33 Express. Engineering nightmare. You need 6' arms. Can't even get to tne front screw, plus it's not slotted on the switch so you can't even slide it out.. I left it and re installed a electronic one behind the pump. Still a bear.. still tryig to find a way to attach it. Can't reach it.. Maybe 4200. Any ideas..I called GW, he says there is room to reach it over the generator... BS!

ocdansar

Reaction score
I replaced it on mine last year, it's best done standing outside on a ladder it was a reach but got it done. Next time I will probably put an electronic. I did install a high water alarm and pump, I mounted it on the generator tray right next to the a/c pump.

gulfcart

Reaction score
ocdansar said:
I replaced it on mine last year, it's best done standing outside on a ladder it was a reach but got it done. Next time I will probably put an electronic. I did install a high water alarm and pump, I mounted it on the generator tray right next to the a/c pump.

I couldn't reach that front screw no matter what I did.. You must have long arms!! :lol: Anyway I did just that. I first glued the electronic one in with 4200. Installed it to the rear of the pump. Once the 4200 set up I was able to fasten with 2 ss self tappers with a 3' extension on my drill (just for peace of mind).. At least if goes again I can get to it...

GW engineers..take note!! :twisted: :evil:

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
hey steve.

you know i was wondering how hard a job that would be. not a real accessible area. i think they need to reinforce the deck and put in one of those big access hatches.

hope everything else is going well with you.

i took delivery yesterday. those engines are something else. probably wasn't such a good idea to let the guy who spent decades on push-pull cable throttles take it out of the well. i'm glad my reflexes are still quick. :shock:

i'm working on a much lighter touch now. :lol:

ron

gulfcart

Reaction score
Takes a little getting used to. I adjusted the tension on my throttle contols. THat helped.

Knock on wood, engines have been ok since fixes.

sfc