Aft jump seats? (222 Fisherman)

PMCbear04

Reaction score
Howdy all. Looking for info on aft jump seats for 222 Fisherman. Internet pretty sparse on the subject. Anyone ever had any luck finding any? I would be adding them to port/starboard aft transom corners, not replacing previously existing ones. Not sure exactly how they are set up for installation either. Existing stern coaming pads will suffice as back rest, so just looking for the seat portion. Thanks for any and all info to be shared regarding viable sources.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Are you looking for the seat cushions or actually the structural part of seat which supports the cushions? It seems if you are looking for the cushions you can take the boat to marine vinyl person and they can make them. If it is the structural part I am confused because that part is often integrated into the boats stern cockpit design is it not?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The stern jump seats on the 222 are an option. They are the "fold down" type....not molded into the hull like the 180 or 209.

I'm sure they can be added, if you don't already have them. I'm also sure they are pricey, if you have to buy them from the GW dealer.

PMCbear04

Reaction score
Parthery,
You are correct in that they will likely be expensive at the GW dealer. I was hoping with the vast wealth of knowledge available around here that I could get a friendly steer to a lower budget source.
And yes, this is for the structural load-bearing part, not the cushion alone. Here's the only site I found and they are a manufacturer, not interested in selling me a measly set of two-

http://www.ggschmitt.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 4,933

toolguy73

Reaction score
The hardware, or something that will do the job, has to be available separately somewhere. Maybe someone could take a few pictures of the hardware and get a name off of it. The base panel material can be bought locally.

You could build them yourself.

Finatic

Reaction score
I used to have a 222 Fisherman and I will say there are some pros and cons to the jump seats. The pro is added additional seating for your crew but the con was when you had 2 people seating on them it made the boat somewhat heavy in the stern and often difficult to get on plane. My boat had a 225hp 2 stroke and I would often have to get the boat on plane before my crew could go back and utilize the jump seats. Good luck finding a source for the seats and like others said you could probably make something for a lot less. By the way the 222 is an awesome boat.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I work part time at a Sea Ray dealership and I've been able to get small quantities (onesies and twosies) of items from GG Schmitt in the past. Maybe a local marine parts store (mom and pop type) can get it for you?

But, yes, would be pretty easy to build. First thought off the top of my head: A couple quick-disconnect hinges for the back, a bimini fitting for the front and some 7/8" tubing and fittings and a couple deck chair rubber tips.

Old Cypress

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the aft jump seat on my 2005 222. My boat has the f250 4 stroke and I don't have an issue getting up on plane when I have someone sitting in this seat. My wife has back issue and this is her preferred spot to sit since it is the smoothest ride in the boat when heading offshore.

image004.jpg.html

Reactions: igblack87

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Just to give you some idea of the cost from GW, I replaced just the back rest part of those seats for my 226 for $550. That was a couple of years ago. I would imagine that a pair of the full seats will set you back well over $1,000.

The seats really are not useful except maybe for kids. I agree that with a pair of adults back there it's hard to get on plane and the ride characteristics of the boat are diminished since you need a lot of tab to get the bow down.

Springman26

Reaction score
When I had my 222 I loved those seats. When I bought the boat new they were a $900 option. That being said I wouldn't have owned the boat without them. I always thought it was a ridiculous price for them though. Without them there is nowhere for passengers to sit as the seat in front of the console is too small. That is unless the person has a size 4 shoe. I have to think you could get someone to make them up for less than $900. Good luck.

eddyby80s

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Howdy all. Looking for info on aft jump seats for 222 Fisherman. Internet pretty sparse on the subject. Anyone ever had any luck finding any? I would be adding them to port/starboard aft transom corners, not replacing previously existing ones. Not sure exactly how they are set up for installation either. Existing stern coaming pads will suffice as back rest, so just looking for the seat portion. Thanks for any and all info to be shared regarding viable sources.
Hello, just purchased the same boat and was wondering about the same seats? How did you end up making out? Will you able to locate anything? Thank you very much

billk42

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
Im trying to do the same thing, Hope we both have some luck....