Ain't that a kick in the pants!

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I waited until March 12th after some glorious days in the 70's and the long range forecast never once mentioning the "S" word to unwrap the boat thinking to myself, "Finally, this year I can get a jump on spring commissioning." BUT NO! Here we go... 6" to 12" of heavy, wet crap coming Sunday night. Will I ever learn?

:-| :bang :doh

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
journeyman said:
I waited until March 12th after some glorious days in the 70's and the long range forecast never once mentioning the "S" word to unwrap the boat thinking to myself, "Finally, this year I can get a jump on spring commissioning." BUT NO! Here we go... 6" to 12" of heavy, wet crap coming Sunday night. Will I ever learn?

:-| :bang :doh

So it's your fault! :goodjob
I'll think of you as I shovel. :roll:

Fishtales

Reaction score
it will be gone in a few days. don't fret.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Lt.Mike said:
So it's your fault! :goodjob
I'll think of you as I shovel. :roll:

Ha! If I had that kind of influence, I'd have coconut trees instead of pine trees growing in my yard! But it's nice you'll be thinking of me.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Firenailer

Reaction score
Haha! My Ex has a pic of me shoveling out my old 208 (back in the 90's) at the dock after a late March snowstorm. back Then we still had flounders to fish for!

It happens, as nice as the weather has been I was tempted to launch early again this year too!

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
journeyman said:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

file.php

All righty then, We got lucky, it didn't stick to the driveway so no need to shovel but I'll still think of you as I brush the dust off my boat.
:p
:lol: :lol: :lol:

DSCN7734_zpsm9ud4b1t.jpg

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Nice! I'm envious. I would love to have indoor winter storage. We got 6 inches but it was over by 10 am. The sun came out and by the time I got home from work, the driveway was almost bare. Today it will be close to 60 degrees and it will all be gone. They blew the predictions though. North of Boston was supposed to get less. NOT! More 60's this weekend, yaaaah. Spring is springing!!!

Firenailer

Reaction score
Hey Lt Mike -

Man I'm jealous! I'd love to have a nice indoor spot to keep and work on the 208!

With this nice weather I'm sooo tempted to launch, but so far there's not too much life at the Marina and I hate being the first one in. They officially open 4/1, - we may not have much to fish for yet but as warm as it is I think I'm going in the first week.

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I've been lucky to be able to winter my boat in my buddy's pole barn the last two seasons. It takes away all the worry about snow load, fallen branches, or ice damage. This year it allowed me to get a lot of work done on it while out of the elements. I'm very thankful for it.
Mike.

gradywhite248

Reaction score
First Run of the season. Nice in NC, Wish the wind would die down though. The weather has been crazy. 70-80 for two weeks now down to 28, And yes tomorrow 70-75? Just in time for Monday???????????????????????????????

Attachments

• IMG_1913.JPG
    IMG_1913.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 2,371