Air Condition '07 Marlin

ttles714

Reaction score
I think I am going to have to replace the AC/Heat unit on my Marlin 300 (2007) It seams like the original Marina Arrrrr was made specifically for this boat and is no longer available. Has anyone replaced this unit and WITH WHAT MODEL / MAKE .??? There is not a whole lot of space behind the refrigerator as it kind of sits against the hull taper and the intake is under the cabin steps ..

Fishtales

Reaction score
my 06 used a Dometic Vector Series. Not sure if they still make it, but probably an equivalent.

ttles714

Reaction score
yes my Marlin has the vector .. it was designed for the Marlin to fit the odd shape behind the frige. Have you installed the Dometic 6K ??

Amazing how much less expensive the unit is if it comes from India ??!!!

ttles714

Reaction score
OK ...So last night I pulled the AC out of the boat and did some measuring .. The problem is the the original Marine Airrrr Vector is built in reverse of everything that is being sold today .. The vector, when facing the evaporator has the compressor located to the RIGHT.. There is only 3.5 inches of space to the left which would allow the evaporator to line up with the return air grill, cut out under the cabin steps. The units I have looked at are about 8 inches from the left edge of the tray to the evaporator, because the compressor is mounted to the LEFT of the evaporator. SO !!!! HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY DONE A REPLACEMENT ??? GW was not too helpful with this .