AirMar B60 Thru hull transducer installed on recently purchased Grady White?

jkunze

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 204
I recently bought a Grady White boat that came with a Garmin Striker 5CV & a GT-20 transducer installed.
Also installed into the hull of the boat is an AirMar B60 thru hull transducer. The cable is pulled to the console, yet not connected to anything. Can I use the Airmar B60 for the Striker 5CV?
I also have a Lowrance TI2 that I plan to install & would like to fish using both if possible. Will the AirMar B60 allow me to run both together, or will they interfere with each other?

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Your Garmin has only as a single transducer connection port as I recall. This will only let you connect one transducer at a time. Your B60 may or may not have the correct pin configuration for you Garmin. Just see if it fits or not. If it was originally connected to a different brand of fish finder, the pins may not be compatible. If not, Airmar sells pigtail connectors that should let you hook up the B60 as long as it has a mix and match plug. Older models often came with a plug connector that was specific to each brand of FF.

If you install as second FF, you can run both at the same time without interference between the 2 transducers only if you run them at different frequencies.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
B60 is a traditional 50/200. Strikers are Chirp 77/200 but they can also run as a traditional 50/200 I think. You can't run both and you won't get CHIRP thru the B60

jkunze

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 204
Thank you. I will contact AirMar to ask about a pigtail or adapter plug for the connection.

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
If you are in deep water, the B60 will let your track bottom a lot deeper than your stock Garmin transducer when running at 50 kHz. At 200 kHz the B60 has a narrower cone angle which allows you to see small bottom structure details if that is important to you. Finally, the B60 at either fixed frequency will show much better bottom type discrimination that a CHIRP transducer. Both have their roles and that's why I have both a B60 and a CHIRP transducer on my boat. I can run them both off my single Simrad EVO 3. I really don't get much interference, but I usually pause one or the other.