Albemarle 26 cc

Tigercat

Reaction score
Just seen a 1999 Albemarle 26 CC with 2 225 Evinrude e tecs never seen them with outboards anybody ever been on one of these or had one if so how do they handle? Thanks

RAINMAKER

Reaction score
I was stopped by the NCWRC several years ago coming into Morehead city from a Bluefin tuna trip. The boat they were on was a 26 Albemarle CC with twin merc optimaxes. They were having a whale of a time trying to check me as they were pitching and rolling like crazy and I was not. It was a short stop needless to say. I was good anyway so it didn't matter.
FWIW there was a 26 Albemarle CC for sale on the east end of New Bern on HWY 70 a few months back . It had a bracket but NO engines.
The 26's were known to have a fabulous head sea ride but also some handling issues as well. I looked into them but after reading about them, and needing "spray" rails mounted on the bow and the handling issues I decided to pass.
The handling issues are well documented if you search as are the spray rail additions. They are offered by Albemarle as an add on to help address the handling issues.

Tigercat

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the information I just traded the FTigercat today and purchased a 26cc Albemarle guess I'll be getting some spray rails :hmm