All Hail the Bilge Gods and Goddesses

Reaction score
However, whilst working on replacing my macerator pump in the starboard compartment (a repair which was uneventful and surprisingly un-smelly because it was broken from the get-go and prior owner had never used the potty - delightful surprise) I dropped by shiny iPhone which bounced down into the bilge of my Adventure 208.

Unfortunately, I've also discovered that my SquareTrade warranty doesn't cover loss or theft (though bilge gods aren't specifically mentioned, I suspect that counts under "loss").

Short of cutting a giant hole in fiberglass, does anyone have suggestions on getting it out?

Flatulently,

mboyatt

Reaction score
Do a google search for a reaching tool for the elderly. You can pick one up for ten bucks. My elderly father uses one to pick up whatever he drops. They are about 3 feet long and have pinchers to grab on to stuff. If you can see your phone down in the bilge, this will work. I used this tool to remove a glove that was down in my bilge near my bilge pump. Glove was there when I purchased the boat used. Good luck!