Almost a fishing nightmare but not an outing nightmare

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
First outing of the year over Easter weekend started out miserably.
Fog was heavy and didn't lift until close to 11 am then as we headed out about 6 miles the depth sounder quit working and even if you have numbers you still need your sounder.
After checking different things transducer, gsd22 and everything in the book I traced the the power lead back to the fuse panel and it checked good but a little corrosion. I took my knife and scraped the tips replaced and everything worked.
You couldn't even tell there was any corrosion only a little discolor.
This week I am cleaning each fuse and lightly coating with die electric grease.
Even though I was getting voltage I guess it wasn't enough to properly run the gsd 22.
Just though I'd post this so maybe it will help someone with the same problem make short work of the problem.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Not sure if that would classify as a nightmare. No damage to the boat, no big scares, nobody impaled themselves with a hook or got wet,... good advise though.

cdwood

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Have to agree with Grog, hardly nightmare status.

First trip of the season and only a dirty fuse?

Hope everybodies shakedown goes as well.

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Well maybe it wasn't a nightmare but it seemed like one in the making for me. Sort of like the old saying one persons trash is anothers treasure.
If I had not had a background in dc it may have been the end of the day. I said may.
Just hope it helps some with similar problems.

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
GW VOYAGER said:
I renamed my topic.

That's an appropriate title....no sounder or GPS just about ends your day for bottom fishing. Glad you got it working to salvage your day.

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
The world wonders?

Hey Reel Selective, fess up. Where did you go Apalach or Carrabelle? You know you can still catch something or another without that sounder. Only 6 miles come on! The world wonders! 8)