Alternative to Cockpit Cover on Dual Console

jdseitz

Reaction score
Having previously owned 2 center consoles (180,209 no T top) I was used to it being very easy to put the console and seat covers on, and put the boat away.
When last year we moved up to a Freedom 235 (with hardtop, front & side curtains), I was very reluctant to go for the full cockpit cover, but felt it was very important
to protect the seats, helm, etc. A friend with a Freedom 275 also told me how much he hated getting his cockpit cover on and off.
My solution (from local NJ canvas maker) is shown in the photos. Cost about the same as full cover. Much easier to put on and off, and they all fit into one of the forward seat lockers.
If just me and my wife in the boat. I"ll leave the rear seat cover on. Ordered the boat without cockpit bolsters (never understood the reason for those), so
do not have to worry about them being protected.
Also asked to have the hull pin stripes left off for a much cleaner look. The dealer said he got may favorable comments when they were prepping the boat, and I have had many also.

What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_1009.JPG
    IMG_1009.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 222
  • Covers.JPG
    Covers.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 223
  • Rear Seat Cover.JPG
    Rear Seat Cover.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 221

Carl Mystic

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Having previously owned 2 center consoles (180,209 no T top) I was used to it being very easy to put the console and seat covers on, and put the boat away.
When last year we moved up to a Freedom 235 (with hardtop, front & side curtains), I was very reluctant to go for the full cockpit cover, but felt it was very important
to protect the seats, helm, etc. A friend with a Freedom 275 also told me how much he hated getting his cockpit cover on and off.
My solution (from local NJ canvas maker) is shown in the photos. Cost about the same as full cover. Much easier to put on and off, and they all fit into one of the forward seat lockers.
If just me and my wife in the boat. I"ll leave the rear seat cover on. Ordered the boat without cockpit bolsters (never understood the reason for those), so
do not have to worry about them being protected.
Also asked to have the hull pin stripes left off for a much cleaner look. The dealer said he got may favorable comments when they were prepping the boat, and I have had many also.

What do you think?
I just purchased a 2 year old Freedom 275. Very interested in a cover for the electromechanical companion seat and I like yours. Never thought about a rear seat cover but it makes sense.
Would you mind providing the name of the NJ canvas maker? That way I can deal with an experienced company. Thank you.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Those covers will save your cushions, but the rest of the cockpit is exposed.

I have cockpit and bow covers for my 225. I can cover the entire boat in 5-7 minutes or so, and the interior stays clean.

Carl Mystic

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Those covers will save your cushions, but the rest of the cockpit is exposed.

I have cockpit and bow covers for my 225. I can cover the entire boat in 5-7 minutes or so, and the interior stays clean.
Thanks Captain. I do have the bow cover just lacking the other items.