alumimun clamps in the bilge

no restrictions

Reaction score
I have a 2007 33 express. Cleaned my strainers for the AC and Gen the other day and noticed that all my wiring and hose clamps in bilge are alumimun and all are corroded, some have completely turned to powder. Talked to Grady and they assured me that the clamps should have be SS and blamed it on the distributor.

Has anyone had similar problems?

richie rich

Reaction score
they blamed it on the distributor? Where is the incoming QC? Who can't tell the difference between aluminum and Stainless? Did they offer a replacement? That is just an awful excuse...have them assure you by checking it out by a dealer or their own personnel.....thats a joke.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
2007?

I tend to think the dealer should redo them at no charge.

If there is white power corrosion it is aluminum, and I don't mean white salt deposits on top of stainless which may be deceiving.

Red color it is rust on steel.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
no restrictions said:
I have a 2007 33 express. Cleaned my strainers for the AC and Gen the other day and noticed that all my wiring and hose clamps in bilge are alumimun and all are corroded, some have completely turned to powder. Talked to Grady and they assured me that the clamps should have be SS and blamed it on the distributor.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Had the same boat, if those clamps have the black protective sleeve over them they are stainless steel(standard by GW), they don't make any other kind. Maybe you have salt deposits on them?

no restrictions

Reaction score
they are aluminum. Have you guys checked your clamps to see. These things don't have salt on them or rust. You literally crush them just by touching.

Kenlahr

Reaction score
Mine were/are aluminum, I have had the same issue and I am replacing every clamp I can find.