aluminum transom trim

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Picked up boat today with composite transom cap. following - hopefully - are a few pics. I'm still figuring out this new media section. If this works, it is great. But I need a tutorial!

Rob

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Upon closer look at the transom cap, it is the same material that Grady uses to protect sharp corners around the cabin of my boat. Nothing new, just a new use for whats been in use for many years. I would guess that it is hpde.

Rob

so to clarify, is that two "L" angle pieces overlapped from the inside and outside of the transom and sealed along the top? also, i can't enlarge your photos, so i would be very interested to see a picture of those inside corner piece moldings more close up to understand them better. they are the tricky part to reproducing this as a diy job.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Dave: It is one long piece. If you go to media section you can open the photos and download them. That may help. I find I have to downgrade quality of photos to meet max size for uploading.

In any case, I'll try to remember to get some close-ups next chance I get to go fishing.

Rob

Dave: It is one long piece. If you go to media section you can open the photos and download them. That may help. I find I have to downgrade quality of photos to meet max size for uploading.

In any case, I'll try to remember to get some close-ups next chance I get to go fishing.

Rob
thanks, the media section helped a lot. i am going to see if i can duplicate that corner elbow piece by cutting up a pvc rain gutter elbow. if that works, i will order some hdpe angle to redo the 223. i like the effect.