Always something....

Rustygaff

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
Went out fishing for a couple of hours this morning. On the way back to the dock, I ran over an on-coming vessel's wake and came off the back side of it pretty hard. After washing down the boat at the dock, I went to button up the canvas due to bad weather coming tonight. All morning I ran the boat with the walk-thru window open since it was warm out. I went to close it and discovered it is over-lapping a bit at the top of the frame and would not fall through. I monkeyed with the support and was able to give it enough clearance to close but I can see that it is a bit off from top to bottom. My guess is that I tweaked something coming off of that wake and now need to figure it out.
If any other DC owners encountered a similar issue, please advise where you began to troubleshoot. Thanks.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Do you have the windshield support rods with the teeth on the mounting plates? Sounds like you chipped a tooth, I mean, slipped a tooth. Can you see any old marks where the alignment might be different?
What did you adjust, when you say, "I monkeyed with the support and was able to give it enough clearance to close but I can see that it is a bit off from top to bottom."

Rustygaff

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
I adjusted the support rods to create some clearance for the window to close. It also appears the glass in the SB side windshield might have shifted in it's frame. The glazing rubber on the bottom looks like it moved.windshield.jpeg

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Looks like the whole frame slid where it is bolted through the fiberglass. Use something like a wooden block, or a foot long 2 x 4, and see if you can push the bottom frame back towards the old marks.