am/fm antenna

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Shakespeare makes a VHF/FM splitter....you plug the antenna in on one side and there are 2 leads on the other side. One goes to the VHF and one to the stereo.

That said, my experience with the splitter has been disappointing. I picked up noise in my VHF, had no AM reception, and I think it impacted my VHF reception. I wound up taking it out.

If you have room, the best antenna for your stereo will be either a 4 or 8 ft fiberglass one that matches your VHF antenna. Alternatively, I've had decent luck with both the dipole (wire) $5 antenna as well as a rubber duck auto antenna. Both of these can be stashed underneath the console.

richie rich

Reaction score
Parth,

how does the splitter work for 2 VHF's? I was looking to add a back up VHF and use the splitter to one ant. Does it cut the signal power in half like a coax cable splitter in your house? Even if you use one radio at a time?

As far as the FM radio, I have a 4 foot Shakespear AM/FM....works well on the water.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The less things to go wrong or degrade the signal between the radio and the antenna the better.