Amp and sub location 265 express

Maineman

Reaction score
Where have you guys installed amps and a sub on a 265ex? It's time to upgrade my system. I was thinking of putting the sub in the wall of the starboard side under bench storage compartment. I would love to hear other ideas.

Thanks

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
No help on the sub, when I redid mine I just put in some nice JL Audio M650s which was plenty of sound for me. For the amp that I added it went on a piece of starboard (the seafoam color) along with the remounted stereo enclosure which I moved from the factory location under the shelf on the port side. Starboard panel replaced the tan netting that is just to your right as you go into the cabin and right below the access to the backside of the helm. Starboard was cut and routed to blend into the same outline as the raised rib that is molded into the bulkhead. The depth behind the panel gives room for the wiring to be routed and adds options for ventilation of the electronics if you want to add cutouts to the starboard on the backside of the amp. I never used the pocket and this location worked well for me. I can pm you some pictures if you'd like. I've seen other pictures where the amp was mounted on the forward side of the divider between the galley area and the bunk cushions. Good luck.

Brett

TUNAHUNTER197

Reaction score
Also a 265 owner....would love to see a picture of the install Brett. Any chance you can PM some picture to me?

Maineman

Reaction score
I would also like to see the pictures if it is not a problem. I will try and upload photos as I go. Hope to start soon. Thanks.

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
So I took some time and moved a few photos online so I could try and share them, when I'd originally just pasted them in the images were huge. Let's see if this works.

The original mesh pocket:
IMG_0449-L.jpg

Redone with the new panel:
IMG_0466-L.jpg

Another angle, I'd finished running the wires and this was before I put the other covers back in place:
IMG_0468-L.jpg

Maineman

Reaction score
Looks great!! One more question....where did you mount your speakers?

Thanks.

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
The JLs were a drop in replacement for the original speakers that are in the cockpit "steps".