Anchor Away ( Yes I mean AWAY)

Finest Kind

Reaction score
As is always the case, whenever there is a problem with any kind of device that you have to jury-rig, some guy, somewhere gets serious about solving the problem in a more professional way. Here is what one guy came up with. I've never seen one of these personally but have seen the ads for years. I wonder if it may not expose the end of your anchor shank to hang up on your roller. It may have a smoother profile as it leads onto the roller. Here's a link.....

https://anchorsaver.com/

Thanks for the link, just bought one.
Don't want to go through THIS again! :
https://www.greatgrady.com/threads/lewmar-delta-anchor-holds-too-well.25971/

I had previously tried attaching the chain with a shackle to the top hole, and using zip ties on the anchor shaft but the zips would sometimes break away when I didn't want them to during normal use and "bouncing" of the anchor chain on the pulpit roller as the anchor is being retrieved. Couldn't find that "just right" combination of zip ties that would HOLD during normal use, but were weak enough to break away if the anchor got stuck again...
This product, although expensive, should work well and is certainly a lot cheaper than replacing the anchor again.

Last edited:

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Just finished trying some zip ties and made sure the anchor chain was on the bottom side of the shank. It works great coming over the roller! However, my zip ties were just too weak. As the anchor came over the roller, it pulled the zip ties, without breaking. I went to the hardware store and found some 175# HD UV ties. Will give them a try again tomorrow.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Just finished trying some zip ties and made sure the anchor chain was on the bottom side of the shank. It works great coming over the roller! However, my zip ties were just too weak. As the anchor came over the roller, it pulled the zip ties, without breaking. I went to the hardware store and found some 175# HD UV ties. Will give them a try again tomorrow.

ROBERTH, That's the size zip-ties I use. I make 2 wraps before threading into the locking head.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I do the zip ties but my everyday setup includes a stainless carabiner clip so that if I have an emergency need to anchor it will not be on zip ties.

jqwLVJpl.jpg