Anchor light connector

inkaporka

Reaction score
G'day all

Firstly all the very best to all forum members, I have enjoyed the discussions and appreciated the wealth of advice here for a few years now, since owning my first GW, I hope you all had a great Christmas and wish you all the very best for 2016.
I now have a 2001 Escape which has a Stryker canopy, I love the boat and have just completed some maintenance ready to get back into the water. The boat has what I believe to be an anchor light socket mounted to the front of the original bar work, ahead of the windscreen, assumably connecting to this was seen as problematic when the Stryker canopy was fitted. Local regulations mean that I need an anchor light, so I would like to connect it to this existing socket - it has power and its own switch so makes sense to use it rather than install one in parallel. I am not sure whether the original equipment was just a short pole which was fitted into this socket, or a plug which fitted into the socket and then ran the light (the former idea is more logical). Does anyone know how this would have looked ex-factory, and if so where would I get the original equipment? Failing this is there a plug I can buy which will fit the socket so I can install a functioning anchor light? I will take some pix of the socket to post later but I am sure anyone familiar with GW electricals will understand what I am on about.

Cheers and Happy New Year from the Sunshine Coast, QLD!

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I have an Overnighter with the factory nav/anchor dual switch (on-off-on) and have been planning on replacing the factory switches with a set made by Bluesea Systems. I've been doing my homework and have found they have a similar dual switch but provide instructions on how to wire in a diode for using the all around light with and without the navigation lights using single pole switches (off-on).
You may not be using their panel but I thought there may be value for you with there PDF instruction file which has a wiring schematic.
Here is the link, look to the left column for diode wiring.
https://www.bluesea.com/products/4308/W ... _Positions
Hope this helps.
Mike.

Jambo

Reaction score
Hopefully this is not too far off topic... can anyone help me determine the diameter of the white all around light pole on a 2005 Tournament 225. I would like to insert a pole with and ensign flag into the light pole recepticle.
Thanks.

seasick

Reaction score
inkaporka said:
G'day all

Firstly all the very best to all forum members, I have enjoyed the discussions and appreciated the wealth of advice here for a few years now, since owning my first GW, I hope you all had a great Christmas and wish you all the very best for 2016.
I now have a 2001 Escape which has a Stryker canopy, I love the boat and have just completed some maintenance ready to get back into the water. The boat has what I believe to be an anchor light socket mounted to the front of the original bar work, ahead of the windscreen, assumably connecting to this was seen as problematic when the Stryker canopy was fitted. Local regulations mean that I need an anchor light, so I would like to connect it to this existing socket - it has power and its own switch so makes sense to use it rather than install one in parallel. I am not sure whether the original equipment was just a short pole which was fitted into this socket, or a plug which fitted into the socket and then ran the light (the former idea is more logical). Does anyone know how this would have looked ex-factory, and if so where would I get the original equipment? Failing this is there a plug I can buy which will fit the socket so I can install a functioning anchor light? I will take some pix of the socket to post later but I am sure anyone familiar with GW electricals will understand what I am on about.

Cheers and Happy New Year from the Sunshine Coast, QLD!

Most likely it is a Perko mast light arrangement. Look inside the top opening to see how many pins there are. Usually there will be three. These things are pretty standard. I am not aware of a connector that can be screwed in and that has wires. You may be able to find an offset mast that will fit but I don't see one on the perko site. Now if you had an old mast, you could easily cut the tube without cutting the wires, remove the top section and fabricate a connector. Bases that can be mounted to a top and connect to a removable or fixed mast light should be easy to find.