Another new to me Grady owner!

Got Grady?

Reaction score
By the sea by the sea by the beaut.......
Just got home from a long cold boat ride in my new GW 228g. The boat had been dry stored at the same marina where it was purchased new. The ride home was a couple hours but first we took it out in the gulf and put some fish in her. Only delay was a stop by the FWC to check equipment, registration, fishing licenses etc... Fantastic boat and solid as a rock. Needs some updating as far as electronics but even the original CRT bottom machine still works. The 2000 Yamaha OX66 on it has just over 150 hours, now. The gentleman that owned it was no longer able to make the drive down to use it and made me a good deal. Will be asking alot of questions and being generally annoying.... :D

Stonewall

Reaction score
Congrats on the new boat. That 228G is a great boat. My son owns one just like it. It is rock solid. We have been 30 miles offshore and it handled everything we threw at it.

Got Grady?

Reaction score
Thanks

Appreciate the kind words and everyone seemed to have good things to say about the 228 prior to me buying this one. Yes I have been prowling this forum for awhile now. I always wanted to have a GW of my own. I hope it will handle 30 miles out and then some. Will be adding a kicker to it pretty soon and since it already had one it should be a breeze. It already has the dual controls for the kicker and the wiring was left intact to the back of the boat. Cant wait to start doing some updating.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Nice boat and we have a 228G, you will enjoy her for sure. I think sometimes the FWC guys and I are on a first name basis :lol: I remember watching the shuttle launch from mynold 192 and we cruised up from the Haulover Canal to Ponce Inlet near New Smyrna there and the FWC guy checked us, all my kids were in their boat coats and so forth, nothing wrong with the boat, except my Fl and the numbers were too close. :? I got a warning citation.

I think when I was living in Florida we were stopped at least 2 times every boating season.

Anyway, are you in Fla? And enjoy your new boat....

Got Grady?

Reaction score
Another happy 228 owner, good to hear. Yes I am in FL and yes the FWC is always busy. I am averaging 3 times a year myself but spend an above average time on the water. So you moved from FL to Sylva huh? My dad moved from FL to Dillsboro a few years back. He really likes it there and is happy. Small world...

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Welcome, and congrats to you. Glad to have you with us, and WTG, putting fish in her on your maiden voyage. :D

Got Grady?

Reaction score
Had to do it and helped me to decide to keep the name on her. Here is Jim with a very pretty red that was delicious cooked cajun style over charcoal tonight.
0226001619.jpg

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You shouldn't have any trouble with 30 miles out. I've been 60 in my 228 and felt very comfortable.

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
Got Fish!

Hello Got Grady! See you Got Redfish! A keeper red is hard to come by! Caught a dozen last year in a 30 minute feeding frenzy. The shortest was 36" and the longest was 41" all big bruisers that would have been great eating. Had to let'em swim! Not about to take a chance on the FWC guys getting to look at those. Enjoy your boat! Are you in NW FL? 8)

Got Grady?

Reaction score
Big reds

Those big ones are fun on light tackle though. No point in giving the guys in green a reason to dislike you is right. Im over here in St Joe beach(panhandle) and love it except it has been a cold winter.
I doubt i will ever go 60 miles out. We have live bottom at 40 to 50 miles that I may do. We shall see how brave I get once she has 2 motors. I do keep my Sea Tow up to date though.

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Got Grady and congrats on new boat.
Just wanted to let you know JUMPNJACK and GW VOYAGER are just up the road from you maybe we can meet one day!

Brad1

Reaction score
Congrats on the new boat. I had the 226 version. I loved the boat and I'm certain you'll love yours too. Unfortunately, I parted ways with it last year. By far the nicest boat I ever owned. Very good ride for a 22ft cuddy. Awesome layout for fishing and lots of storage.

Got Grady?

Reaction score
Still nothing but good things from you guys on The Right Stuff. I am pleased everyone is happy with the 22 series. I should be too. So GW where are you out of? Would love to get together sometime and talk fishing and boating.

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
Locals!

Hello again Got Grady! Thought I recognized the water! I am located up north of you in Chattahoochee FL. I trailer to Appalachicola during fishing season. Launch under the bridge and got out thru Bob Sikes cut. We fish both southwest and southeast of the cut. GW VOYAGER is located about 20 miles north of Chattahoochee in Baindbridge GA. We met on this website and have became good buddies. Made a two ship trip with him last fall and had a great time. We will begin fishing again as soon as grouper season opens back up. Hopefully we'll get to see you out that way sometime maybe around the old Mica wreck or in that general area. Glad to hear from a local Grady man. Oh yeah, I like your boat! Good name for her also! 8)

Shamsul Hasan

Reaction score
Congratulations!! I happened to buy a GW300 2008 recently.Its waiting Shipment From USA.My Grady experience has been really Great!!!!
Shamsul Hasan
GW 282 Sailfish 200 HPDIs
GW 300 Marlin F350s

Got Grady?

Reaction score
I have fished out of Carrabelle but never Appalach. It is alot different than fishing out of Mexico Beach. We dont really have any live bottom in close like over that way. Let me know when you guys are meeting up next time and if I can I will trailer over and tag along. Have been wanting to hit the mica but the occasion has yet to come up. It is nice not to have to go through naming the boat :lol: glad you like it.