Another Newb to the Forum

Fuzz

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Greetings All,
Long time lurker, but joined up recently as I am finally starting to get serious about refreshing my ‘87 Gulfstream 232 after having had it for 3 years now. Have puttered and piddled with it over that time, I am now making time in my life to get it where I want it. I am a KY native (Shout out to KY Grady...GO BLUE!!) for you guys to add to the ranks, now living in the Tampa Bay area. I love fishing of ANY type, but my freshwater game is still far better than my saltwater one.

LOVE THIS PLACE!
Just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you guys posting up the wealth of knowledge here on all things Grady. I have learned so much over the past year reading here. THT is a fine place to find information (good and bad), but plenty of drama. I prefer the former, but will pass on the latter, that’s why I’m happy to be here.

I look forward to the continued education.
Thank you all.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Finally some help on here. I'm a loner being in KY. Would love to talk with you about the move to Tampa sometime, offline.

Good group of guys here and wealth of knowledge. Not much drama at all, just information and a little bit of poking at each other every now and then.

Welcome aboard and post up pics of projects you get into on your Gulfstream.

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hey Fuzz,

Think you are in good company too!!

Mr. Ky Grady, and the rest of us are here for helping out each other, and I will formally agree with him that we (I) like to poke a jab here and there to those members I am comfortable with.

It's 2021 and social media can be a lot harder than taking face to face, reading text in a line can mean something different to everyone depending on the day and mood, but I have personally been very grateful of the other members here, so please do us all a favor and stay ACTIVE~

Fuzz

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Thank you Gentlemen!

No worries on my end about anyone poking at myself. I am thick-skinned, and can assure you that I’ve been called worse....and prolly even had it coming a time or two.
Glad to be here.
I will get some pics up of some projects soon.
Here she is when I first brought her home in 2018. (I can’t STAND the name)
She looks almost exactly the same today, as I have spent probably less than 50hrs on her since. I have issues with work/life balance I am beginning to correct now.

KY Grady...hit me up via DM or PM or whatever it is on this site. I am happy to answer any questions I can about the Tampa area and what I’ve learned since moving here about 8yrs ago. I live in Tampa, but work out of Orlando, so have a decent feel for central FL.
If needed, I am happy to post an email addy we can use to trade contact info. Happy to help if I can.

Thanks again guys.
Happy to be here.

Attachments

• 7DBD76E0-9C9D-4C3D-8C78-B22F3A5F700A.jpeg
    7DBD76E0-9C9D-4C3D-8C78-B22F3A5F700A.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 27
  • ACFC9E14-3743-45C7-BB6D-7EBEEDEFC86F.jpeg
    ACFC9E14-3743-45C7-BB6D-7EBEEDEFC86F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • FFBED451-EA29-46CD-A61F-1FF94A91FECA.jpeg
    FFBED451-EA29-46CD-A61F-1FF94A91FECA.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 93CD6D5A-C7A7-485A-BCA6-D99D3EAA919F.jpeg
    93CD6D5A-C7A7-485A-BCA6-D99D3EAA919F.jpeg
    853.5 KB · Views: 23
  • FAD080F9-5746-4D5D-90C0-562C790B3487.jpeg
    FAD080F9-5746-4D5D-90C0-562C790B3487.jpeg
    866.7 KB · Views: 23

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Nice rig and welcome. Haha I can’t stand the name on mine either. I got the decal but haven’t bothered changing yet.

Reactions: Fuzz

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Greetings All,
Long time lurker, but joined up recently as I am finally starting to get serious about refreshing my ‘87 Gulfstream 232 after having had it for 3 years now. Have puttered and piddled with it over that time, I am now making time in my life to get it where I want it. I am a KY native (Shout out to KY Grady...GO BLUE!!) for you guys to add to the ranks, now living in the Tampa Bay area. I love fishing of ANY type, but my freshwater game is still far better than my saltwater one.

LOVE THIS PLACE!
Just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you guys posting up the wealth of knowledge here on all things Grady. I have learned so much over the past year reading here. THT is a fine place to find information (good and bad), but plenty of drama. I prefer the former, but will pass on the latter, that’s why I’m happy to be here.

I look forward to the continued education.
Thank you all.
Welcome to the forum! Great boat ! As far THT goes you own a Grady Wet and your transom is going to fall off any second and Grady is mid tier two piece boat posing as a sandbar queen top tier boat and you can buy way more boat for less money. I think I covered that pretty well. lol. For the longest time I thought KY Grady was a salesman for KY personal lubrication for those special moments . I think when he said he was from Kentucky that I realized he did not make ladies dreams come true .

Last edited:
Reactions: wrxhoon and Fuzz

Fuzz

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I think you got all the “facts” right there Smoky Mtn. I would add that anyone going any further than across the river in a Grady is taking their lives into their own hands. Especially so if it’s less than a 30 footer.

All I ever wanted growing up in the hills of Eastern KY was to be a Sand Bar Queen. Now look at me...Living my dreams out.
Finally...I would also state that we all should take lubrication seriously. Personal or otherwise. No one likes a squeaky wheel or a gritty gear.

Thanks for the welcome!

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady