another newbie, washdown pump question

king klam

Reaction score
I just bought a 1988 252 sailfish. Trying to locate the wasdown pump (if it has one) There is a switch in the cockpit and a valve on the transom for wash down and live well but i cant find the darn thing or the male connector to screw the hose into. Thanks.

yankeecause

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Look down in the bilge for the sea cock (valve/lever) and then follow the hose to the pump. The male water outlet should be on the inside of the aft bulkhead under the gunnel on the port side. It may have a cap on it with a little bead chain keeper. Hope this helps..Joe.

richie rich

Reaction score
both the wash down and fresh water tank pumps are located behind the stairs under the cockpit deck. You need to remove the screwed inside panel on the port side cubby hole/sleep area and they are both sitting there. The hoses run from the bilge through the fuel tank bulkheads and into the main bulkhead. The pumps are sitting on top of the fresh water tank. If the hoses are original, change them as they are definitely rotted by now. The toughest part is that the wash down pump hose goes through the main bulhead slightly BELOW the main fuel tank and is a B***H to bend through and into the area...but it can be done. I switched mine with a Shurflow Baitmaster which works for both washdown and livewell operations.

yankeecause

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I will second that on the shurflow baitmaster pump. I replaced my old factory one with the Baitmaster and it works great!..Joe.

king klam

Reaction score
washdown pump

thanks guys i'm on a mission now hopefully i'll work it out. great site by the way. thanks, greggo.

Grady25

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Working on a 1990 252 Grady White Sailfish doing the pump change out and hose replacements. New fuel tanks are going in now, do I need to hold that up to get this work done or will I be able to get it done after they are installed?

Reactions: wspitler

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The three guys in this thread have not posted for years, if you are looking for information from their experience. You might be better off starting a new thread.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Working on a 1990 252 Grady White Sailfish doing the pump change out and hose replacements. New fuel tanks are going in now, do I need to hold that up to get this work done or will I be able to get it done after they are installed?
On the 90, if you have the Grady Drive version, the two gas tanks are under the big floor cover, nothing else. Under the rear bilge area cover is the sw washdown/livewell pump, the fw pump is behind the rear partition in the lower berth. You can also access the sw pump from the rear service doors. I moved the sw pump to the transom face. As a note, I nixed the aux tank and the hoses and valves associated with it. The main tank stays at 152 gals more than enough.

Tom-SB

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 336
I have a 336 Canyon. Does anyone know where the washdown pump and strainer are located? Thank you.