Another tragedy at sea ....

Tommyboy

Reaction score
The fishing boat 'Lady Mary' went down this morning 65 miles off the coast of her home port Cape May NJ. The USCG plucked 3 of the 7 fishermen from the water, one was dead, one not responsive and one the other seems to be OK .... four more are missing ... there was no distress signal sent ...the EPRIB went off when boat went down .... this is just tragic ... prayers to the families of the fishermen ....

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yikes...never something you want to hear. I need to make some phone calls, some good friends of mine are working some scallop boats down that way, not sure if they know any information. Pretty sure none of them were on that boat, but scary news regardless. Prayers go out to the families or those involved, especially those still missing.

freddy063

Reaction score
I am really suprized that with there suits on they still had troubles. I allway felt that a suit would give you a couple of hours in colder water then what there were in. May God be with the men still out there tonight, and bring them home safe.

Tommyboy

Reaction score
Accordeing to the sole survivor, the boat went down in 5 minutes! and he and the 2 other guys that were found were the only ones wearing survival suits ..... I guess it just emphasizes how quickly bad things can happen out there! GOD bless them ... let's all be sure to BE SAFE out there ...

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sad news. 5 minutes can seem like an eternity or a split second depending on which you want. For a boat that size to go down in 5 minutes, that's scary. Without a suit, by the time you get pulled out of the water this time of the year, your're gone.