Another "What are these for?"

CaliGrady25

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have four screw threaded screw holes just above the deck (2 kn each side. See pics) that I am not sure what they are for. Inside the anchor locker there are two foam insulated protrusions directly behind the scree holes. Any idea what might attach here? Looks like the foam cracked on both of them. Whatever was attached might have caused that? Or just normal 1987 foam crackage?20200815_091231.jpg20200815_091146.jpg20200815_091125.jpg

Bloodweiser

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Used boat? Hard to say perhaps someone mounted a basket for storing fenders and bow lines

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
you got me scratchin':oops:... can't imagine what the foam is for. There's no hatch for the anchor? I'm confused by the interior picture...are we looking UP?

CaliGrady25

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
you got me scratchin':oops:... can't imagine what the foam is for. There's no hatch for the anchor? I'm confused by the interior picture...are we looking UP?
Yes. Looking up from the access port in the cabin. The black tape is covering the hole in the deck/bow that the anchor line falls through (epoxy and fiberglass to close that up so I can add an anchor roller.

CaliGrady25

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Yes. Looking up from the access port in the cabin. The black tape is covering the hole in the deck/bow that the anchor line falls through (epoxy and fiberglass to close that up so I can add an anchor roller. Terrible epoxy job (first time plus trailer was on a slant parked on the street in front of the house. Had to park it on the other side of the street to fill in the other side)
20200815_080156.jpg

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
you just poured? no fiberglass?

Looking at the "Lifting eye"... I would not try lifting with that. You are missing some metal that ties it to the keel.... and I would add a backing plate or much larger washers to use it as a cleat.

Some of those boats had a hatch (door) up there to access the anchor locker

efx

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Rod holders? And to me that looks
Like normal foam shrinkage and cracks in the paint.

Reactions: CaliGrady25

CaliGrady25

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
you just poured? no fiberglass?

Looking at the "Lifting eye"... I would not try lifting with that. You are missing some metal that ties it to the keel.... and I would add a backing plate or much larger washers to use it as a cleat.

Some of those boats had a hatch (door) up there to access the anchor locker
Thanks. Yeah no lifting from there for sure. I added some oval pieces in the big hole as well as marine plywood. I got lazy and did not feel like sanding down the surrounding glass. I am adding the roller as well as the 1/4 inch stainless you see in the pic below. I have aner piece I will add to the lifting eye (thanks for pointing that out.) Which way do you like the backing plate?20200815_112223.jpg20200815_111816.jpg

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
long ways.

is it metal brackets inside the foam? That's the only reason I can imagine needing foam... prevent rust from condensation on metal?

I'd love to hear the answer to that question

I know I would be putting a hatch between those screw holes

Reactions: CaliGrady25