ANTI SIPHON VALVE

Reaction score
Hi thanks 4 looking @ my post need to replace my anti siphon valve on my tank. Do i have to put anything on the threads of the new valve. i tried to take it off last fall could not get it to move its been on since the boat was new 1988. going to have to take the cover off to get a better angle on the old valve thanks jeff

exudedude

Reaction score
I would wrap the threads with teflon tape.

Tuna Man

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I would stay away from Teflon tape, it is a great product but not ideal for gasoline. I would recommend the following:
http://www.permatex.com/products-2/prod ... tfe-detail

As far as removing the old fitting from the tank, you may want to soak it with a "rust breaker spray." I have used all of them over the years, but I read that PB Blaster is one of the better ones, another one is CRC Freeze Off. I doubt there is much rust between the fitting and the tank, as the tank fitting is likely brass or stainless and the fuel tank is probably aluminum. After soaking the fitting I would tap it lightly with a block of wood and a small hammer to try to loosen up the threads. You mentioned you were going to remove the access plate and the frame, that's a good idea, it will allow you to get a better grip.

Reaction score
thanks guys 4 all the information started working on it on friday just started a new post about getting to the vent hose under the jump seats looks like its hard to reach

Grouper Duper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Several boat mechanics I've talked say to "lose them" altogether. They've all said the little balls get stuck at times and cause fuel pressure issues that are hard to trace because they can be intermittent. There are already one-way valves at the squeeze ball, too.